Hi,

UTTER Crackberry noob alert... So noob it doesn't arrive until Tuesday and I've already spent $300 at the Crackberry store here to welcome it.

I'm ROUGH on devices. REALLY REALLY ROUGH. I previously was carrying a Treo 600, and even with the following metal case, I still somehow damaged the screen. (It won't let me post URLs, so if you go to the innopocket website and look for the "Treo 600 - Metal Deluxe Case for Palm Treo 600 Smartphone... THATS the one) "Full metal jacket" so to speak.

I'd love to find something EXACTLY like it, but having an issue.

If not, then I'd like something I can sorta "craft" into it. I was looking at the "PDair Black Aluminum Metal Case BlackBerry Bold 9000". It looks like it'll give it some protection, but I need to go a step further. I want some sort of book flip type case. What, there are hundreds you say? Yup, except... Well, I'm also a tree hugger, so I won't do leather. Faux leather is great/fine/acceptable/etc.

So any ideas?
    11-23-08 11:58 AM
    So I'm guessing rubber and plastic are out of the question?

Closest I could find.... Blackberry Bold Cases - Aluminum Case - Silver
    Last edited by Super Loopy; 11-23-08 at 12:33 PM.
    11-23-08 12:26 PM
    Look at the Otterbox Defender case for the Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 12:58 PM
    So I'm guessing rubber and plastic are out of the question?

Closest I could find.... Blackberry Bold Cases - Aluminum Case - Silver
    (Stupid thing won't let me REPLY to things with URLs!)

Hi SL,

Thanks. Rubber and plastic are definitely out of the question.

I looked at those... The problem is that they leave the screen/keyboard exposed. If those were filled in it would be awsome. I'm just afraid my keys will be in the pocket, I sit down with my tight pants, and it becomes a real CRACKedBERRY!

Thanks, Tuc
    11-23-08 01:02 PM
    Look at the Otterbox Defender case for the Bold.
    Been there, looked at it, thanks... While it does seem to have a "Thermal Formed sheet", which will keep dust/dirt out, it won't prevent my key fob from jamming into the screen and cracking it. :-/

Thanks, Tuc
    11-23-08 01:04 PM
    Been there, looked at it, thanks... While it does seem to have a "Thermal Formed sheet", which will keep dust/dirt out, it won't prevent my key fob from jamming into the screen and cracking it. :-/

Thanks, Tuc
    Well, it appears your options are limited until more accessories are made for the Bold.

Good luck with your search.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 01:08 PM
    I'm going to have to agree. You're pretty much limited to metal and faux leather. That really diminishes your options.
    11-23-08 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD