How many here have a desktop charger(cradle) and how do you like it? I'm thinking about getting one because I like the way it looks charging in the cradle. What are some pros and cons to using one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 03:56 PM
    I use one with my Tour to make the Tour into a bedside clock. I like it because it holds the Tour up where I can easily see the time. Charging through the dock contacts also saves wear on the microUSB connector.
    03-24-10 04:25 PM
    I also use a desktop charger for my Tour and love the bedside clock feature. between the chrarger and and Pandora I'm set for clock/radio/alarm/whatever.
    03-24-10 04:32 PM
    I also use a desktop charger for my Tour and love the bedside clock feature. between the chrarger and and Pandora I'm set for clock/radio/alarm/whatever.
    I'm on the same page. Ordered one through ebay cheap, best accessory so far.
    03-24-10 04:40 PM
    I didn't think of wear and tear on the usb port.

03-24-10 04:41 PM
    I use one with my Tour to make the Tour into a bedside clock. I like it because it holds the Tour up where I can easily see the time. Charging through the dock contacts also saves wear on the microUSB connector.
    +1. I use my charging pod every night.
    03-24-10 04:42 PM
    This has been discussed on this forum in great depth:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/my-...inside-258401/
    03-24-10 05:02 PM
    Oh thnx for the link. I'll check it out.

03-24-10 05:04 PM
    has anyone found a case that allows you to use a charging dock?
    03-24-10 05:32 PM
    has anyone found a case that allows you to use a charging dock?
    This is not possible since the phone must sits tight into the base.
    03-24-10 06:45 PM
    The charger is the best accessory I can imagine for my 9000. I have one at home for overnight abd one in the office if the need arises. Hard to beat the form and function.

03-24-10 06:57 PM
    I use mu usb cable in the office.

03-24-10 07:40 PM
    The main reason I opted to get the charging pod is to eliminate excess wear and tear on the mini USB port on the BlackBerry. I only need to plug it in when I am doing a backup or upgrading my OS, rather than plugging it in every night. The mini USB port on BlackBerry devices has been known to break.
    03-24-10 07:57 PM
    I didn't realize the port one these phones were so fragile.

03-24-10 08:04 PM
    Love mine. I keep my Bold in the cradle when I am at my desk, and it's at 100% charge when I'm on the way home. I bring it home on the weekends. Paid < $10 for it on Amazon.
    03-24-10 08:09 PM
    Love mine. I keep my Bold in the cradle when I am at my desk, and it's at 100% charge when I'm on the way home. I bring it home on the weekends. Paid < $10 for it on Amazon.
    They are so cheap, why don't you just get two? That's what I did -- one for my office, one for my bedroom.
    03-25-10 06:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD