Is it true that it cover up the mic on the tour so it makes it hard for the person on the other line to hear you?
    12-30-09 10:12 PM
    Nope works fine on mine......
    12-30-09 10:18 PM
    Need me to post up a picture, i can let me know.
    12-30-09 10:21 PM
    had it for a couple hours before i sold it and it seemed fine to me...
    12-30-09 10:28 PM
    Well my friend got a tour and had the otterbox and i was having a hard time hearing him. So i guess it could just be the phone.
    12-30-09 10:33 PM
    I use it and haven't heard any complaints from people that I talk to. The cover is just a lint type cover. It's not the plastic or anything else covering it up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 10:54 PM

See.......
    12-30-09 11:15 PM
    I've got the Body Glove on mine and love it
    12-31-09 11:49 AM
    No problems with my mic after installing the Defender, I can be heard just as good as before.
    12-31-09 12:09 PM
    I've never had anyone complain about my phone. Love the fact that everything feels nice and secure also (no creaky earpiece and no loose battery door).
    12-31-09 12:13 PM
    Had the same issue with mine.
    Make sure the little rubber gasket at the bottom isn't covering the mic hole.
    12-31-09 01:03 PM
    Ditto all the above, works fine here too, i did notice that the foamy donut slips sometimes try and pull it back into place.
    12-31-09 02:18 PM
    I have the Sedio case and clip and it works well for me.
    12-31-09 02:18 PM
    I had the otterbox defender when i had my tour. ive recently sold the phone but still have the otterbox defender in excellent condition. i want to sell it for a great price for you crackberriers who may be interested.
    01-02-10 03:02 PM
    With the Otter box cover there is a soft plastic cover for the keypad. When I first put it on I accidental covered the Mic hole which made it hard for others to hear me. Once I repositioned the keypad cover everything was fine. When you are putting it on just check that it doesn't cover the Mic hole.
    01-02-10 03:09 PM
    Do they make the Commuter for the Tour too? I have that on my 9700 and it's great.
    Last edited by Gajetman; 01-02-10 at 03:59 PM. Reason: speling
    01-02-10 03:57 PM
    I had that issue when I used the Otter Box. Not to mention feeling like I was lugging around a brick in my pocket. Loved the protection, hated the bulk.
    01-02-10 08:41 PM
    Is it true that it cover up the mic on the tour so it makes it hard for the person on the other line to hear you?
    With the Otter box cover there is a soft plastic cover for the keypad. When I first put it on I accidental covered the Mic hole which made it hard for others to hear me. Once I repositioned the keypad cover everything was fine. When you are putting it on just check that it doesn't cover the Mic hole.
    Hgouck hit it on the head. I would add that I did have to modify the little keyboard cover thing so it cleared the mic hole every time. I cut at most 1mm off it. You will love the protection the Box provides, I have tossed my curve and my new tour around for a little over a year combined and never seen a single hiccup. I mean literally tossed, to demo it, from one side of a room to another. the only thing I'm hating about the tour version is OB doesn't make a holster that will fit on my work belt, "Gun belt".

As for the comment on the little foam doughnut thing, put the top half of the plastic on first then slide it into the lower half. you will never fight that doughnut thing until it just gives up it's sticky.
    01-02-10 11:38 PM
    I had the OB Defender on my Tour for a week, then removed it...

Pros:

- Double layer of protection; hard shell inside, rubber skin outside
    - Clear plastic cover for screen; another for keyboard
    - Raised edges on keyboard sides make it easy to steady thumbs
    - Clear plastic keyboard cover has angled key protrusions which make it easier to type without hitting adjacent letters/numbers
    - Thick, bulky, stodgy look makes it look like an old BlackBerry <--> less chance someone will want to steal it
    - Less chance of accidental keyboard dialing or selecting options

Cons:

- Thick, bulky, stodgy look - looks like older model <--> (depressing to owner)
    - Bulkier to carry in pocket
    - Rubber outer skin picks up lint from pockets; dust from everywhere else
    - Earpiece and charger holes hard to use
    - Lengthy process to pull battery
    - Carrier is skeletonized half-holster; not a secure carry
    - Belt loop won't fit 1 3/4" belts without some modification
    - Very difficult to select buttons/rockers on sides; especially right programmable button (camera by default) - rubber skin covers them and is resistant to pressure

I want a shell for my Tour, and while the OB Defender does an admirable job, it's not the shell I want...I'll continue looking for a slimmer one-piece hard shell (maybe the Seidio 360?) and carry the Tour in my pocket...
    01-03-10 07:51 AM
    Granted the Defender has it's pro and cons, I still like the feeling of security knowing the Tour is protected very well. Yes it is big and bulky, but as you can see in my pic, it is still dwarfed by my old Toshiba,, man what a huge screen!!
    01-03-10 09:17 AM
    I had a Defender on my Curve, and I have a Defender on my Tour since day one. Sure it adds bulk, but the level of protection it offers more than offsets the minor inconvenience.

Otterbox also has wonderful customer service, and they are a pleasure to deal with. They stand 100% behind their product!
    01-03-10 11:47 PM
    I just got mine and so far I love it, I wish it came in different colors tho.
    01-04-10 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD