09-06-08 12:37 AM
74 123
tools
    anyone have experience with these?

Blackberry Curve Skins New Skins and Decals for the Blackberry Curve including Blackberry Curve Skins

for the price and the look, they seem almost too good to be true...
    06-08-08 04:14 PM
    Yup, a lot on this site have used and loved them. My wife bought a ton of them! They are nice to have!
    06-08-08 04:17 PM
    those are very nice. im not sure if you have seen the other threads about decal and gel skins in this forum...a few users have posted pics and reviews about them. there is also another site where you can design and customize your personal skin for your device.

Mygelskin.com

check it out and let us know what you think
    06-08-08 04:48 PM
    Ya I've used decal girl I love it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 05:01 PM
    I'd never checked them out before... look pretty neat.

Definitely cool that they give you access to a wallpaper which looks like it goes seamlessly with the skin.

The only thing I would be cautious about would be that it appears the skins aren't designed for the 8330 Curve, bummer.

Mygelskins.com have options for the 8330 under the Verizon section. I just ordered three!
    06-08-08 05:05 PM
    I'd never checked them out before... look pretty neat.

Definitely cool that they give you access to a wallpaper which looks like it goes seamlessly with the skin.

The only thing I would be cautious about would be that it appears the skins aren't designed for the 8330 Curve, bummer.

Mygelskins.com have options for the 8330 under the Verizon section. I just ordered three!
    I read earlier today on the forum where someone posted that they found the skin for their Curve by searching by way of carrier, then device- not just device.
    06-08-08 06:17 PM
    I read earlier today on the forum where someone posted that they found the skin for their Curve by searching by way of carrier, then device- not just device.
    I can't find anywhere on DecalGirls website to browse by carrier.
    06-08-08 06:59 PM
    I can't find anywhere on DecalGirls website to browse by carrier.
    My apologies. I was looking at MyGelSkin; which has them by carrier. I didnt stay on decalgirls site b/c the skins they have for the Pearl are not for Sprint 8130 Pearl (which has the horizontal camera window and not vertical like on DG site.

I just discovered something on that site- while browsing the skins, you can set the timer delay to view them all. MyGelSkin takes the hassle out of clicking on each skin to view it. I think thats terrific cause I like a show for my money.

Hardest decision now is - which one. Since my Pearl is Red, I need something that compliments it; not the other way around.
    Last edited by ScandaLeX; 06-08-08 at 09:15 PM.
    06-08-08 09:02 PM
    those are very nice. im not sure if you have seen the other threads about decal and gel skins in this forum...a few users have posted pics and reviews about them. there is also another site where you can design and customize your personal skin for your device.

check it out and let us know what you think

cool link!

thanks
    06-08-08 11:55 PM
    just passing on the cracknowledge
    06-10-08 01:43 PM
    how do you aply the decal gal skins? is it the same method as best skins ever? just curious!
    06-16-08 11:18 AM
    how do you aply the decal gal skins? is it the same method as best skins ever? just curious!
    i think an instruction guide should come with the skins, but there are directions and application instructions on the DecalGirl website under the Help & FAQ tab.

NOTE*: the website currently does not have app. instructions for any of the BB phones! however, the process seems to be quite uniform throughout all product ranges. i'll attatch a link for instructions to apply the skin to an iPod Nano (closest product dimensions to the BB devices on the site)

iPod Nano and iPod Video (5G) : Install Guide

to answer your question: NO the decal skins DO NOT apply using the same method as BSE. these skins are applied by removing the backing provided with the skin and placing the skin directly onto the device. read through the link above..its a very simple process.

good luck and enjoy!
    06-16-08 11:52 AM
    Thanks for the link...I should have looked there first before asking. So it seems as though its a little more tricky seeing as you can't move them around once they are on. That scares me! they seem pretty cool though...cheap enough to give it a shot anyway, if i dont like I can just take them off...at least I get a wallpaper out of the deal! lol...Thanks again!

Rob
    06-16-08 12:27 PM
    question about the mygelskins ones. (and it's a stupid question, too)...

are they actually like, jelly-skins?...do they feel like rubbery?...or feel almost like padding?

also, what if you already have a screen protector on the screen on your bb? do you just put the gel skin right over top of it or something?
    06-16-08 01:29 PM
    Thanks for the link...I should have looked there first before asking. So it seems as though its a little more tricky seeing as you can't move them around once they are on. That scares me! they seem pretty cool though...cheap enough to give it a shot anyway, if i dont like I can just take them off...at least I get a wallpaper out of the deal! lol...Thanks again!

Rob
    no worries Rob just take your time to match the device and skin up just right. to be honest with you, it seems much simpler than the BSE because you do not have to get it wet and let it dry and squeegee water out (i preferred the BSE because of its low profile and almost invisible appearance). these gel skins are said to be able to be removed without leaving any residue behind, but im not sure how adhesive they will be on the second or third app. just take your time, follow the instructions and you'll be good to go in like 5 mins.

fresh skin + easy app + free wallpaper = happiness for all
    Last edited by rollman06; 06-16-08 at 01:42 PM. Reason: spelling
    06-16-08 01:41 PM
    ok so i got my skin from decalgirl i love it very much however theres a long black line along the bottom of the screen in which i dont think is part of the design heres a pic please give me your opinion tyvm pics not the best taken with my mogul lol
    06-19-08 01:03 PM
    I got a few decals from decalgirl!
    I love them, I use them for my iPod and my BB.
    06-19-08 01:18 PM
    can you see the black line i am talking about? apparently the decal people cant lol
    06-19-08 01:26 PM
    maybe this picture will show the black line better
    06-19-08 01:59 PM
    I see what you are talking about. Was the skin hard to apply? I'm thinking about getting one.
    06-20-08 10:03 PM
    Do the decal girl people have one for the 8330 yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-08 10:19 PM
    Wow well there is def a price difference between the decalgirl ones and the mygelskin ones....... Which one would you guys recommend?
    06-20-08 10:35 PM
    I just ordered the Apocalypse Red skin from decalgirl. When I get it and put it on I'll post pics.
    06-20-08 10:37 PM
    No it wasnt hard to apply at all actually i took the front part off a couple of different times and it went right back on very well. They ended up sending me a new one cause the first one was flawed in the design the black line that i was talking about. They were very quick to send a new one. there not cheap looking either very sattisfied.
    06-21-08 06:40 AM
    i wonder what the difference is between the 2 decalgirl & gelskins besides the price does has anyone tried gelskins yet?
    06-21-08 06:43 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD