I can't imagine this is how the phone is really supposed to work.

When the battery dies I plug it in the wall to charge. That works fine. The problem is that if the battery died and I plug it in and try to use it, I cant. With every single phone I've ever had in the past simply plugging it would charge the phone AND allow me to make and finish my phone calls WHILE its charging.

Is this normal? Its been doing it since day one. I haven't had the phone die often so its not been too big of an issue. I can take it back to my cell carrier to check it but I hate to go in for something thats totally normal.

Thanks!
    12-24-09 03:20 PM
    I seldom let my battery get very low, but when it does, it takes a while to charge the battery before I can use it.

12-24-09 03:47 PM
    I bet making the call uses more juice then the wall charger is bringing in? So you'd have to wait for the battery to have a little juice ...
    Just speculating though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 05:30 PM
    Might have to do with the radio being turned off. When mine gets too low, the radio turns off and it does take a while before i can turn it back on even manually.
    12-24-09 05:50 PM
    YES...

THE PROBLEM IS THAT YOUR RADIO SIGNAL is TURNED OFF!

When the battery gets too low then it turns the signal off so you can still view numbers and your messages!

Depending on the version blackberry you have you might need to manually turn it back on once you have charged your phone!

I used to have the curve and I had this problem...
    Now that I have the TOUR it automatically turns on...

I imagine that if you have the older curve or a similar blackberry model you would have this issue...

ANOTHER THING YOU CAN ALWAYS DO TO FIX ANY BLACKBERRY ISSUE IS:......

TAKE OUT THE BATTERY FOR 1 minute and let it re-boot!

GOODLUCK!
    Last edited by BBerrysRlikeCrack; 01-10-10 at 02:27 AM.
    01-10-10 02:24 AM
    one other thing. its VERY bad for your battery to be drained dead on a regular basis. It is much much better to "top it up" during the day. If you to a full discharge and recharge every time, your battery will NOT last very long. Batteries are rated in "life cycles" - how many times they can be fully discharged and recharged. Keeping a battery charged up is much better for it.
    01-10-10 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD