If I get VZ Navigator (this is not a gps debate thread) I will need a way to mount my Storm ( I get giddy just saying 'my storm'). Any suggestions?
    10-28-08 09:22 PM
    my plan is to purchase the dock and mount that on top of the steering column. when i get in the car i'll toss my storm in the dock and it will be right in my field of vision. as an added bonus it will charge at the same time
    10-28-08 09:26 PM
    I've got an email into these guys to see when they'll release their Storm models...ProClip Mounting System - Choose Your Country

They're usually pretty quick - like weeks after the phone is initially released, if that long.
    10-28-08 09:28 PM
    I have a Proclip and I highly recommend!!!!! Price is high but worth it.

See pics of my Mazda CX-7 and Proclip for my 8830. I bought the adjustable one, but they have model specific.

Picasa Web Albums - GOBLUE - ProClipUSA In...
    10-28-08 10:26 PM
    I have a Proclip and I highly recommend!!!!! Price is high but worth it.

See pics of my Mazda CX-7 and Proclip for my 8830. I bought the adjustable one, but they have model specific.

Picasa Web Albums - GOBLUE - ProClipUSA In...
    Anything that sits higher on the console, maybe at the dash level?
    10-28-08 11:10 PM
    Anything that sits higher on the console, maybe at the dash level?
    It's car specific where clip is located.
    10-29-08 06:33 AM
    I hope that someone comes out with a simple charger with a flex neck holder.
    10-29-08 09:06 AM
    I would prefer dash or window mount; especially when using VZ nav or BB maps
    10-29-08 09:30 AM
    I would prefer dash or window mount; especially when using VZ nav or BB maps
    Exactly what I am hoping for.
    10-29-08 06:39 PM
    Just go to the store here on site there are various mounts I am sure some may fit the Storm
    10-29-08 08:11 PM
    Response to my email inquiry...

Thank you for your interest in our ProClip holders. At this time we do not have a holder for the BlackBerry Storm. We do anticipate making one, however due to the large number of new products we are developing, we cannot give a specific date as to when this will be available. You will be notified by e-mail as soon as the holder has been received at our warehouse and is ready for online ordering.

Best Regards,

ProClip USA Customer Service

Toll free: +1 800-296-3212

Fax: +1 847-388-7171

Email: customerservice@proclipusa.com

Web: ProClip Mounting System - Choose Your Country
    10-30-08 09:06 AM
    I didn't see a price on the link in picasa? And I'd love something like this as well.
    10-30-08 11:01 AM
    I think it was like $30 for each piece. You have to buy the MOUNT for your specific car, then the CLIP for your specific DEVICE.

I opted to get a UNIVERSAL CLIP and NOT DEVICE SPECIFIC as I knew I'd was gadget freak and would be getting different phones/ipods over a short period of time.

Jeff
    10-30-08 11:03 AM
    This is another good site for accessories... go to Akron dot com. nothing for The Storm yet..but I do have the windshield mount for my 8703.
    10-30-08 11:29 AM
    I have an I-phone and have a pro clip. It works really good on AC vent.Also have a proclip for Garmin Nuvi.Both products are worth the money.
    10-30-08 12:16 PM
    I just bought the Griffin WindowSeat, it's made for iPhones and Touches, but it works great with the storm. It comes with three brackets, one each for Touch, iPhone, and iPhone 3G. Either one of the barckets specified for the iPhone works great on the Storm. What I like about it, is that it holds the phone by the corners, so it doesn't obstruct any of the buttons, or the charging port. I bought it at Walmart for $25.00.

Griffin Technology: WindowSeat
    12-26-08 02:03 PM
    I just bought the Griffin WindowSeat, it's made for iPhones and Touches, but it works great with the storm.
    Could you post some pictures showing fitment? How secure is the Storm in the WindowSeat?

Thanks,
    Mike
    01-03-09 11:44 AM
    with corner mounts wouldn't it press on the lock buttons?
    01-03-09 03:16 PM
    I posted this question in another thread but didn't get an answer so I'm trying again. Does anyone keep their Storm locked with a password? I do but can't voice-dial while it's locked. I bought a couple of Pro-Clips and they're great but I have to start typing a contact name which is not good while driving. Can you voice-dial while password-locked with a bluetooth headset? Many thanks.
    01-03-09 03:32 PM
    I'm looking at this online and it looks like the back is solid. Does it block the speaker on the storm? I was thinking of getting this to use for the NAV and need to hear it.

Bob

I just bought the Griffin WindowSeat, it's made for iPhones and Touches, but it works great with the storm. It comes with three brackets, one each for Touch, iPhone, and iPhone 3G. Either one of the barckets specified for the iPhone works great on the Storm. What I like about it, is that it holds the phone by the corners, so it doesn't obstruct any of the buttons, or the charging port. I bought it at Walmart for $25.00.

Griffin Technology: WindowSeat
    02-22-09 09:56 AM
    I'm looking at this online and it looks like the back is solid. Does it block the speaker on the storm? I was thinking of getting this to use for the NAV and need to hear it.
    The back is solid, but there is a curve to the holder that the Storm doesn't conform to, which leaves plenty room for sound to come out. I use this mount specifically for navigation with my Storm, and I have not experienced any problems yet.

Mike
    02-22-09 06:14 PM
    Thanks. That pretty much sums it up for me then. I'll have to pick one up.

Bob
    02-22-09 06:55 PM
    throw it on your lap so you have to look down at your crotch while screaming down the highway at 80mph... sweeeeeeeet

FYI i was kidding please don't do that at least in CO
    02-22-09 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD