I have used an AGF-GRT case pretty much since day one. I have removed it to wipe the phone down periodically. I have started to notice some wear on the chrome bezel around the screen. Mostly on the side rails. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed any issues like this with various cases.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-11 10:01 PM
    I have the same minor scuffs from the AGF GRT... I am now using the AGF ENDO.. They do not appear to be getting worse...

IMHO the endo case feels much more solid/ firmer on the device, and probablly does not move around as much as the GRT

05-24-11 10:20 PM
    My Levis 505 case has never damaged a phone.
    05-24-11 11:04 PM
    I haven't dropped it yet but as soon as I take that case off it seems like it could fly out my hand at any moment. I will ck out the Endo case, thanks for the mention.

05-25-11 05:00 AM
    The otterbox case is bad for this. Pretty much everywhere it touches your phone, it scratches.

05-25-11 05:38 AM
    The AGF has put a couple of small marks on my chrome bezel. in contrast, the otterbox is like rubbing your phone over rough asphalt repeatedly.
    05-25-11 12:44 PM
    Where does one purchase the Endo case?

05-25-11 05:53 PM
    The otterbox case is bad for this. Pretty much everywhere it touches your phone, it scratches.

Same here, auntjemima, especially on the bottom lip, just below the keyboard. But it has given an overall tough protection though.
    05-25-11 07:14 PM
    Same here, auntjemima, especially on the bottom lip, just below the keyboard. But it has given an overall tough protection though.
    My thoughts exactally... I have dropped my torch countless times. I can live with a few scuffs from the GRT ENDO, as I can only immagine how bad it would look if the case hadn't been on...

05-25-11 07:44 PM
    My thoughts exactally... I have dropped my torch countless times. I can live with a few scuffs from the GRT ENDO, as I can only immagine how bad it would look if the case hadn't been on...

Spot on, mate!
    05-25-11 07:48 PM
    My Otterbox made my Bold look like it went through the dryer a few times... that was filled with rocks and sand.... on heavy duty cycle... Sure it protected the phone against major damage like a champ, but seriously it looked like ****.

I Phantomskin'd the Torch and just carry it sans-case now. As for my Bold... I got a new housing and stuck a Phantomskin to that as well.

Max
    05-25-11 09:06 PM
    That looks to be the way to go for me in the future, a skin and a good case. I work in a rough environment and suffer from phone OCD. Bad combination. Thanks for the input.

05-25-11 09:12 PM
    I couldn't agree more. My main screen cover broke but the back otterbox piece and rubber are still good and I still use them. It is the only case I have found that gives a rubber cover for open ports. This is a concern for me being a mechanic and around grease more often than not.

I have dropped the phone numerous times as well and so far all seems well.

05-25-11 09:30 PM
    my AGF GRT also flexes a little and when teh dust gets under there it just scratches the bezel. Some people have reported that the only way to prevent this is to get a full body protective film like the Body Guardz brand or Zag Shield fully body protective stuff. Then put the phone in the AGF GRT. I have found that any additional thickness of the phone, even less then a mm makes the AGF really tight.
    05-25-11 09:52 PM
    my AGF GRT also flexes a little and when teh dust gets under there it just scratches the bezel. Some people have reported that the only way to prevent this is to get a full body protective film like the Body Guardz brand or Zag Shield fully body protective stuff. Then put the phone in the AGF GRT. I have found that any additional thickness of the phone, even less then a mm makes the AGF really tight.
    I had the zagg full body (easy install) under my AGF GRT... It would not fit in the ENDO case with the zagg film on...

05-25-11 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD