What am I missing at the Crackberry store? The D-X1 (1400mAh) battery is $29.00 and the F-M1 (1150 mAh) is $49.00. Aren't battery's with a larger mAh one's that have longer batter life? What's different about the F-M1 that warrant's a higher price tag, yet has a lower mAh capacity?

I'm looking to pick up a second battery to have on the road and don't want to spend more (for less battery life) unless there is a specific value in the F-M1 that I'm missing.

TIA
    05-13-10 10:08 PM
    also wondering this!
    05-13-10 11:32 PM
    Good question! I'm wondering the same thing too now. To me it looks like the F-M1 is more of a universal battery. The list of phones it works for is huge. I hope someone comes by that actually knows though.

The D-X1 is the standard one for the Storm's though, I would just go with that one for your Storm.
    05-13-10 11:32 PM
    This product was suspiciously absent from the store this afternoon and now has reappeared. Something about this doesn't jive. By the stats listed, it has less capacity than the standard battery yet costs more.
    05-15-10 10:48 PM
    It's no longer listed as compatible with the Storm 2. Maybe it was a case of lazyness on the part of the people posting the specs at the store. Meaning, it's a non-issue now because it's a battery that won't fit in the Storm2. Good thing I didn't buy it when it was advertised as working with my device. Hopefully they will go in and clean up other batteries listed like this.
    05-15-10 11:56 PM
    I don't think that a D-series and an X-series is interchangeable...
    Edit the pictures show completely different shapes too.
    Last edited by grahamf; 05-16-10 at 12:25 AM.
    05-16-10 12:21 AM
    This product was suspiciously absent from the store this afternoon and now has reappeared. Something about this doesn't jive. By the stats listed, it has less capacity than the standard battery yet costs more.
    I bet that it was changed because someone that has the authority to change it was made aware of this thread
    05-16-10 12:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD