08-26-08 12:48 AM
52 123
tools
    I agree, this is a great idea at a reasonable price. I would definitely buy one too. I would like the case to fit over a "skinned" curve. Also, having the option of a wrist strap with a clip would also be a nice option (to make it easier to find in a purse).

I will be watching for updates on your status.
    07-28-08 08:55 PM
    Yup...I'd go for it.
    I'd want mine with a sort of key loop or something of the sort as most of my bags have a D ring inside of it. With a key loop I should be able to hang the pouch on it. Trust me, it saves time when digging for your phone in your bag
    07-28-08 09:16 PM
    cute cases! i'd go for those, great idea!
    07-28-08 09:34 PM
    I love the keyloop/wrist strap ideas! I'm adding it to the list.

I also bought a Pearl dummy phone off eBay, so I'll soon be able to make them for Pearls as well! Is there a way I can have this thread moved to a more general area?
    07-29-08 09:14 AM
    Well you got one customer so far... I need could use a good diva case.... keep us posted. Also, do the cases have to be a certain material?
    07-29-08 09:34 AM
    Like if I see some fabric I like, could I just send it to you and you make it happen?
    07-29-08 09:36 AM
    Is there a way I can have this thread moved to a more general area?
    I'd PM Chaz, he seems to be the most active admin on the Curve boards here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-08 09:39 AM
    Like if I see some fabric I like, could I just send it to you and you make it happen?
    Yup, you can do that! The only issue I have is that I don't have the proper machine to sew certain fabrics, so the end result of trying to sew something very stretchy (like swim suit material) or really thin/tends to fray (like the material for a decorative scarf) may be messy.

I'm still working out the details, but I think if all goes well with testing, I should be able to start taking orders slowly in a couple weeks from now.

PS - Thanks Super Loopy, I'll do that!
    07-29-08 10:38 AM
    Can you add embroidery with a company logo or name? (Maybe I could get a plain case and have it embroidered locally...)
    07-29-08 11:44 AM
    I'm in for testing the pouches and providing feedback on what would make them better until you develop a final version.

I think it would be very cool to make them for different purposes like:

1. Canvas for Summer
    2. that fluffy material (winter coats) for Fall (because of the dangers of falling into the snow).
    3. Hawaiian style designs for the summer
    4. Sturdy material for implementing the D-ring link.
    5. A little zipper in the inside for money as well as slots for credit card like 3 (ID and 2 credit cards)

I'm pretty sure you are probably saturated with ideas at this point, but I'm all in to be test dummy.
    07-29-08 12:05 PM
    I'd be a test dummy too! I love custom made things!!

What I REALLY want but can't find anywhere is a side pouch with a few credit card slots that has a magnet fastener (that velcro ripping sound makes my skin crawl!) and a sleepr magnet with a wrist strap. I'm always toting my BB around and a wrist strap would be awesome.

I like the idea somebody put up there for tight and sturdy. You don't want your BB to be sliding around in there...also possibly putting some padding (thin foam?) in between the facings for a bit of cushion?

I'd so pay well for something like that!

Oh! And if you decide to make a lot of them/ start taking orders you should check out Etsy.com...it's an online marketplace for handmade items and you can open a "shop" and accept custom orders etc. and it gives you a bit more control.

Hope that helps! PM me if you need a guinea pig!
    07-29-08 01:42 PM
    Thanks for the ideas guys! I have enough testers for now though, but if in the future I need others, I'll keep you guys in mind!

I have some great fabric for padding, and will definitely add that to the choices. As for different seasonal patterns, this is totally possible and a great idea too. I knew Crackberry was a perfect place to get ideas for this project

As for Etsy, that was one of my options, however I think for now I'll be working with an online order form and an Access database.

PS- Navan: Do you think its a good idea to keep credit cards/bank cards in a case with more than one magnet? Personally I'd be afraid to demagnetize them... :\
    07-29-08 01:50 PM
    Can you add embroidery with a company logo or name? (Maybe I could get a plain case and have it embroidered locally...)
    Embroidery isn't something I've done very often, so something like a logo might be a bit complicated for me. I could do initials, or even a company name, with a bit more practice.. Getting it embroidered locally would probably have a much nicer end result.
    07-29-08 03:37 PM
    i think this a wonderful idea i love the one thats you have already designed looks great, keep up the good work i would definately buy one.
    07-29-08 04:34 PM
    Not really my style but these are a great idea.
    07-29-08 04:43 PM
    As I'm getting things going, I'm still looking for more ideas/suggestions... What kind of "features" would your PERFECT case have?

I hope to have a storefront opening within the next month, so I can start taking orders!
    08-06-08 05:37 PM
    Any chance you could do a neoprene one? Slip in from the bottom, little slot at the top so I can see the light, and a hole at the side for the headphone jack...

PM me if you're interested in a little help with the website. Love the idea
    08-11-08 09:50 PM
    I could probably do something like that, but the issue is finding the proper material at a reasonable price. I will definitely look into it!

08-12-08 08:33 AM
    Yup, you can do that! The only issue I have is that I don't have the proper machine to sew certain fabrics, so the end result of trying to sew something very stretchy (like swim suit material) or really thin/tends to fray (like the material for a decorative scarf) may be messy.

I'm still working out the details, but I think if all goes well with testing, I should be able to start taking orders slowly in a couple weeks from now.

PS - Thanks Super Loopy, I'll do that!
    Sheena. The trick with sewing fabric like that is to put tape over it and sew through the tape. Then tear it off when done. Give it a try!
    08-12-08 08:49 AM
    Sheena. The trick with sewing fabric like that is to put tape over it and sew through the tape. Then tear it off when done. Give it a try!
    I was given a similar tip (tissue paper) a couple weeks ago and it does work very well! I was told years ago by a friend of my mom's that a special machine was needed to do that. I always assumed she was right.

I'm going to try the tape idea for sure though. It seems it'll work better that tissue paper. Thanks!!

08-12-08 09:00 AM
    I was given a similar tip (tissue paper) a couple weeks ago and it does work very well! I was told years ago by a friend of my mom's that a special machine was needed to do that. I always assumed she was right.

I'm going to try the tape idea for sure though. It seems it'll work better that tissue paper. Thanks!!

use the blue painters tape. It comes off easy without leaving goop on the fabric.
    08-12-08 09:16 AM
    Here are some more pictures of the cases! FYI, These are the tester cases and are very plain as far as design goes.

08-12-08 10:39 AM
    They are pretty cool!
    08-13-08 05:29 PM
    They are pretty cool!
    Thank you I hope to have more pics soon, and get more feedback from the testers so that I can finally open the website and take orders.
    08-13-08 09:57 PM
    they look really nice.

i like the one on the first page. definitely interested in buying one.
    08-18-08 02:20 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD