About a week and half ago my BB Curve 8330 was dropped in the toilet. It was fished out in just a few seconds. I immediately removed the back and pulled the battery. I wrapped the pieces in napkins and when I got home, I put it in rice over night. The next morning when I put it back together, it was functioning a little strangely (screen was dark or different color, etc.), but quickly returned to "normal" (looking anyway). Everything works fine, but only if if I have it attached to the home charger. The charger does not even need to be plugged into a power source. If it is not attached, I am unable to send messages or click on links in the browser. The time also stops and I have to do a battery pull (or soft BP) and re-start it with the charger connected. When the charger is connected to the phone (but not plugged into a power source) there is no "charging" icon displayed. If I disconnect the charger from the phone, a charging icon IS displayed. I do have insurance, but was hoping I might remedy this problem myself. This is my 3rd Curve since November '09. It's the only one that's worked perfectly until I jacked it up. We took apart the last one and put it back together successfully (though it didn't remedy the problem), as this was a free replacement for the last one. So, my next step is probably taking this one apart. There is water damage, so if it doesn't work, I'll have to pay the deductible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Shelbie
    03-25-10 04:20 PM
    Hahaa.
    That's really.
    Really wierd. Like really.
    Maybe your phone... Just hates you?
    What doesn't work exactly without the charger?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-10 04:32 PM
    LOL! I know. So strange! I am unable to click on links/pics, etc. while using the browser, the clock stops, and I am unable to send messages. Also, if I start up the phone without the charger attached, it takes a verrrrry long time to start up and it doesn't recognize my media card. The background and all changes. But if I restart it with the charger, it seems to be fine. So weird! And I look like a complete ***** walking around with the charger attached to the phone but nothing else. Oh, and the car charger does not make it work--only the home charger.
    03-25-10 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD