1. I will carry my curve in my pocket
    2. I don't want the screen to get all scratched.
    3. I have a hard body glove case I like, but it really adds bulk and weight.

any suggestions of the best products I need?

also, can someone comment about dust buildup and stuff affecting the trackball performance?
    01-14-09 10:07 AM
    How about this.....you can use this code to receive 50% off!!! SHOWSP09

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
    01-14-09 10:41 AM
    I use the iphone case(black on the outside and brown on the inside) for my curve. It works great! It also has a little pocket on the inside of it to hold your credit card or DL. It cost around $30 but its worth it.

I have had my curve for two years now(due for an upgrade in feb)and have never had an issue with the trackball. As long as you dont have oil or grease all over your hands your phone should be fine.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Private Dirt; 01-14-09 at 11:22 AM.
    01-14-09 11:17 AM
    I'd recommend the Seidio rubberized case http://shop.crackberry.com/seidio-ru...medium=content

and some sort of screen protector
    01-14-09 11:19 AM
    Speck | SeeThru Hard Shell for BlackBerry Curve

Available for $10 at most TMobile retail stores.
    That and a BSE and you are damn near bullet proof.
    01-14-09 11:46 AM
    I use the Sedio hard case and I love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 12:04 PM
    I just use the leather pouch that my Curve came with. It does all the things you are looking for. If you want more protection for the screen you can add a screen protector, but I have yet to have a problem with scratches even though I have dropped mine twice.
    01-14-09 12:07 PM
    How about this.....you can use this code to receive 50% off!!! SHOWSP09

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
    When I try this code, it only gives me 30% off.
    01-14-09 12:28 PM
    It worked for several others in the past few days including myself. See this post....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/zag...s-gals-133028/

If nothing else, 30% is better than nothing.
    01-14-09 12:36 PM
    I bought the Curve silicon cover at the Verizon store and the screen protector from Best Buy. It slips into my pocket easily and is highly protected. It adds minimal bulk and weight. I also use compressed canned air to clean both my silicon case and trackball/screen. Remember to hold it upright and use short bursts.
    01-14-09 01:08 PM
    I have an invisible shield installed and use the white silicone case from verizon. I actually just ordered the leather OEM pouch off ebay because I bought my phone from a friend. I keep my phone in my pocket and hate belt attached cases. I hope the leather pouch is less bolk in my pocket and hope it keeps dust off my device unlike this silicone case. I find small amounts of dust under my screen sometimes. Damn it.

01-20-09 05:05 PM
    1. I will carry my curve in my pocket
    2. I don't want the screen to get all scratched.
    3. I have a hard body glove case I like, but it really adds bulk and weight.

any suggestions of the best products I need?

also, can someone comment about dust buildup and stuff affecting the trackball performance?
    I have the case mate smart skin for my Bold & am getting on for my wife's 8320 Curve. It's really nice, does not add bulk to the device and comes with screen protectors as well.

Check out the link below:

BlackBerry Curve 8300 Smart Skin Black - Case-mate
    01-20-09 05:34 PM
    i use 83xx screen guard for my screen and SE G900 screen guard for my battery cover. Just get some PDAs or other phone that the size of the screen almost the same with your batt cover. So you won't have to worry using no case.
    01-21-09 12:22 AM
    I have a BSE (best skin ever) on my curve since about a week after I got it. It doesn't live in a case, it only goes in my pocket or purse. The skin is wonderful, adds no bulk, completely clear and invisible unless you look for it, and it protects the whole thing.

Plus it was like $7 or something.
    01-21-09 12:46 AM
    get a BSE and a silicon skin and you're all set.
    01-21-09 12:57 AM
    I just use the leather pouch that my Curve came with.
    What she said
    01-21-09 01:04 AM
    I'm a huge fan of the Seidio Rubberized cases. I've had one on all of the pocket PC's I've owned. (Sprint PPC6700, PPC6800, and the HTC Touch).

I now have a rubberized case on my curve and love it. I also bought a set of Bodyguardz clear protector for my wife's curve. It was fairly easy to apply and as a bonus it also comes with a screen protector. The only thing I do not like aboout the Bodyguardz shield is that they feel a bit slippery in my hands. You really can't go wrong with either choice.

01-21-09 04:34 AM
    I use a skin and a screen protector and blackberry is perfectly fine!
    01-21-09 06:11 AM
    I use a Case Mate skin with the enclosed screen protector, works good for me.
    01-21-09 07:17 AM
    If you work in an office and wear a suit it will be fine in your pocket but if you work outside and don't put it in some kind of case you will be replaceing the trackball every 4 to 6 months I get my trackballs at bbtrackball.com for $12.99

Last edited by Bootleg5466; 01-21-09 at 09:00 AM.
    01-21-09 08:57 AM
    the speck see thru case is def the way to go! There's actually a feww colored ones on ebay theyre reallyy cute;]
    01-26-09 11:42 PM
    I have a clear case that I bought from tmo...$10 and it covers entire device except keyboard. Looove it.
    01-27-09 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD