I finally received my purchase from E-Bay. It was a pink side case, which I really like (was my alternative to a pinkberry curve which I did not like so much) One question I have is this, with the case that came with my blackberry would put my phone in slumber (not really what it is called) this one does not do that---how can I make this one do it, i heard something about magnets? I got this cute case (which allows we to keep my skin on), a travel charger which works, a car charger which also works and a screen protector.(all of less than $9) I dont like the sceeen protectors I have seen thus far. They are all permament and take away from the sharpness of my screen. If there a product that wont do that or I will simply not use a screen protector. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by envied; 08-16-08 at 05:32 PM.
    08-16-08 05:25 PM
    The original case (aka sleeve) has a magnet inside. When your BB is in proximity to the magnet, it goes into "standby" mode (or "holster" mode as it's known to the profile settings.

If your case won't let you put it in the case, you can get to standby mode by pushing & holding the mute button on top. Push & hold for 2 seconds and it's in standby. The only way to awaken it is to push the mute button again (just a push, no need to hold to wake it up). If you get a call while in standby mode, your screen will light up and the appropriate vibration and/or ring will happen. If you ignore the call and let it go to voice mail, your phone goes back into standby mode.
    08-16-08 05:29 PM
    The original case (aka sleeve) has a magnet inside. When your BB is in proximity to the magnet, it goes into "standby" mode (or "holster" mode as it's known to the profile settings.

If your case won't let you put it in the case, you can get to standby mode by pushing & holding the mute button on top. Push & hold for 2 seconds and it's in standby. The only way to awaken it is to push the mute button again (just a push, no need to hold to wake it up). If you get a call while in standby mode, your screen will light up and the appropriate vibration and/or ring will happen. If you ignore the call and let it go to voice mail, your phone goes back into standby mode.
    Thanks, I will just need to remember to do that everytime I put it in holser.
    08-16-08 05:34 PM
    Unless your new pink-encased BB will fit in holster that has a sleeper magnet built in...

What holster are you using? You could always glue a small magnet to the holster if it doesn't already have one.

See this thread for some more details... http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/whe...feature-17817/
    08-16-08 05:40 PM
    Unless your new pink-encased BB will fit in holster that has a sleeper magnet built in...

What holster are you using? You could always glue a small magnet to the holster if it doesn't already have one.

See this thread for some more details... http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/whe...feature-17817/
    I have a generic holster---I was thinking of gettin a magnet but you showed me the other way which is very simple. Out of curisoity---what type of magnet, how small etc.?
    08-16-08 05:43 PM

Just read the link you provided me, sounds a little too risky for me especially when I can just hit that button on top (it will soon be a habit )
    08-16-08 05:49 PM
    See this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/diy...holster-16657/

If you're not going to use your original case any more, you can cut out the magnet from there.
    08-16-08 05:50 PM
    And as far as screen protection these are the best imo. Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-08 05:55 PM
    And as far as screen protection these are the best imo. Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Do these dull the quality of your image on the screen and are they permanent? What is a full body skin?
    08-16-08 05:59 PM
    full body protects the whole phone. they do not dull screen quality at all. and they go on and adhere with a sort of glue but they come off pretty easily if you mess it up. you might need to use some goo gone or rubbing alcohol to take off remaining glue. i had one on my pearl for almost a year with no issues and you can't beat the price
    08-16-08 06:06 PM
    Do these dull the quality of your image on the screen and are they permanent? What is a full body skin?
    BSE and invisible shield (2 different companies) won't dull the quality of the image. they are somewhat permanent, meaning they'll stay on until you choose to remove them. although, some have complained that the corners of the protectors will start to peel off.

both the above companies offer a screen protector (protects just the screen) and a full body set (protects full body). the choice of which one to go with really depends on your preference.

i've heard great reviews on BSE and i'm using invisible shield. although, i'm tempted to try the BSE and see what that's like. either way, you can't go wrong! for application tips and suggestions, there are numerous threads here, so do a search. for a full instruction on how to apply BSE, go to:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/my-...utorial-44859/

good luck!
    08-16-08 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD