05-04-09 05:18 AM
168 1234 ...
tools
    hey howe..does ur keyboard "float"?
    Nope, I'm one of the lucky ones that has absolutely no defects or weird things going on with my 8900.
    01-28-09 09:43 PM
    No, as with any case you will have to take it out.

I figures as much, nut I figured it was worth asking. After reading the post regarding battery drain with the oem pouch guess the silicon case sales will go through the roof. :-)
    01-28-09 09:46 PM
    I just want one in lilac and and another one in dark purple to wrap that one in. .......I mean I love this smiley just because it's purple. I can't wait to change it into a purple 8900!!!
    01-28-09 09:48 PM
    I figures as much, nut I figured it was worth asking. After reading the post regarding battery drain with the oem pouch guess the silicon case sales will go through the roof. :-)
    Oddly enough, I haven't experienced any battery issues with my OEM sleeve. I talk on the phone 3+ hours per day, have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth always enabled and browse using EDGE at least an hour a day...as well as use GPS. At the end of the day, I'd still have over 1/2 battery charge left. Not too shabby.
    01-28-09 09:50 PM
    I just want one in lilac and and another one in dark purple to wrap that one in. .......I mean I love this smiley just because it's purple. I can't wait to change it into a purple 8900!!!
    ...and you wonder why T-Mobile is giving you a harder-than-usual time getting that freelancers discount...they don't WANT you to butcher an 8900 like that!!!
    01-28-09 09:50 PM
    I was lucky enough to find a local retailer selling the skins for the 8900 since I was really paranoid about using my brand new phone naked. The silicone skin is much better than the ones for the 8320 where it is not rubbery at all. Like howe posted, no problems getting the phone in and out of my pocket. I actually already have another one coming in the mail!
    01-28-09 10:06 PM
    After hesitation between silicon vs leather. I've decided with silicon. From the pictures, it looks great and ordered it from ebay for $7.
    01-28-09 10:28 PM
    ...and you wonder why T-Mobile is giving you a harder-than-usual time getting that freelancers discount...they don't WANT you to butcher an 8900 like that!!!

WHAT????!!!! Butcher???? You should see my pink and purple Pearl. If I had the money I'd send it to have purple swarovsky (sp?) crystals attached too!!! It becomes such a pretty and feminine device instead of being just a boring black or silver phone.
    01-28-09 10:31 PM
    You can not lick your own elbow... but inevitably, 80% people who read this will try it.
    OMG! ROFL!!! I tried, I couldn't reach it.....
    01-28-09 10:33 PM
    OMG! ROFL!!! I tried, I couldn't reach it.....
    haha +1
    and still counting
    01-28-09 10:34 PM
    Looks really good, I cant wait to get mine, it should arrive tomorrow or the next day!
    01-28-09 10:48 PM
    i got mine on ebay and i love it

Is that the gray one?
    01-28-09 10:54 PM
    whoaa the skin looks hot!
    and it's only $10!?
    i'm ordering mine tonight

thanks for the pix/info!
    01-28-09 11:08 PM
    yeah it's the grey skin
    01-28-09 11:16 PM
    Ok everyone there is a deal on ebay for like 15 bucks USC you can get a oem phone skin any color and an oem car charger so look it up its a great deal with free shipping!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 11:20 PM
    I am getting a Seidio Premium Skin because I want that area below the screen but above the keys covered to reduce dirt getting in. I ordered one of those bestskinsever screen protectors. The only obvious difference from a Zagg is that it doesn't come with adhesive solution, they instead give you instructions to make your own.
    01-28-09 11:37 PM
    can those who bought through ebay please list the seller name and or post the auction links or sellers store... i cant seem to find the deal you guys are getting
    01-29-09 03:52 AM
    I got mine on eBay several weeks before the 8900 was released... primarily I carry it in that until I can find a good horizontal belt clip case to carry it in.
    01-29-09 05:57 AM
    so for those with the skins, do you have full use of the top buttons (sleep/lock and mute) while its in the skin or do you have to slip it off to press the buttons?
    01-29-09 08:21 AM
    yeah it's the grey skin
    Excellent, thank you. I was looking at that one, tired of carrying black skins ans I liked that it was somewhat translucent.
    01-29-09 08:33 AM
    Awesome, I can't wait to get mine, I ordered a few colors.
    01-29-09 08:41 AM
    i got mine on ebay and i love it
    Dam I should have ordered the grey one instead of the black one oh well next time
    01-29-09 08:59 AM
    Is the grey one sort of transparent? I had a pink one for my 8320 and it was semi-transparent so you could still see the phone through the silicone. They don't have the pink anywhere - has anyone seen it. I've tried crackberry, blackberry and just about all the other bb stores, but no luck.
    01-29-09 09:03 AM
    so for those with the skins, do you have full use of the top buttons (sleep/lock and mute) while its in the skin or do you have to slip it off to press the buttons?
    Yep, they're perfectly accessible. They're covered by the skin of course, but you can still press them and they still function.
    01-29-09 10:06 AM
    I'm a purple girl too There are a couple of non-oem darker purple skins on ebay for under $10, but I decided on a black oem for $4 + free shipping I thought black would look sleeker on this phone.
    01-29-09 10:11 AM
168 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD