Hi there! I'm new in the BlackBerry community, and at the moment, i have only 1 question. I brought my Curve yesterday, it's amazing, and fast, but i don't have any kind of screen protector or holster for the phone. My question is: does the phone gets strached quickly? I mean mostly it's in my pocket, he is the only one in there, no other tings in like papers/keys/anything else. So is it safe to use it that way? Maybe someone using the phone like me? (without screen protector/leather case) I don't want to get the screen scratched, but if protection is not a must have, then I don't want to apply anything at all. Thx for the answer.
    04-22-11 10:24 AM
    04-22-11 11:07 AM
    I bought this holster for my 8530 and love it, very high quality and it has the magnets inside to put the device into sleep mode when holstered.
    BlackBerry Curve 3G 8520 8530 Leather Swivel Holster - Black Original (OEM) HDW-24208-001
    04-22-11 01:44 PM
    I don't use a holster and use a screen protector. I found a pack of three for about $1 on amazon.com. Works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-11 02:12 PM
    I don't use a holster and use a screen protector. I found a pack of three for about $1 on amazon.com. Works great.
    I bought that too, before the skinomi. They scratch and then you have to replace them. And soon you find yourself buying another pack. The skinomi will not scratch easily and when it does, it has it's way back into prime condition.

Scroll down the skinomi page in Amazon and you'll see what I mean (yep, it is me on the video).

After 15 month, the screen is the only perfect condition thing in my 8520.
    Last edited by diegonei; 04-22-11 at 03:22 PM.
    04-22-11 03:17 PM
    I think it really comes down to personal preference. I've been around the wireless industry for a long time & I always have used some sort of case or holster. One, because I hate having a bunch of stuff or bulk in my pocket, and two, when it comes to a BlackBerry if you don't hit the standby button before it goes in the pocket you could accidentially call someone. All the quality cases out there have the magnet in them that puts the BlackBerry to "sleep" when it's put in the holster. Not only does that save accidental button presses but it also saves battery power because it turns off the screen.

These are the solutions I use :

1 - OtterBox Defender :BlackBerry Curve 8500/9300 Defender Series Case // OtterBox.com

It does add some considerable bulk to the phone. However you can't beat the protection.

2 - BlackBerry OEM Leather Holster / Case :http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=T1Fohpur

3 - Set Your Location

Option 2 & 3 I use on Sundays or any other time I when I'm dressed nice so it looks better. The OtterBox doesn't always look the best, LOL.

Good luck in your search !!

****Option 3 - Not sure why it says set your location but it goes to the Verizon Wireless site for a holster they sell ****
    Last edited by daniel.michael4724; 04-22-11 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Forgot something
    04-22-11 03:17 PM
    Says that because it is asking for the US Zip code before showing the product.

I've been dating Otterbox for awhile now, but I am not sure if I want the extra hardwae... I didn't advise any of the gear you mentioned because the OP wants to go bare, meaning he probably does not want any extras added to the device.
    04-22-11 04:46 PM
    Says that because it is asking for the US Zip code before showing the product.

I've been dating Otterbox for awhile now, but I am not sure if I want the extra hardwae... I didn't advise any of the gear you mentioned because the OP wants to go bare, meaning he probably does not want any extras added to the device.
    I see that now, LOL. Kinda skimmed it and the other posts before posting my response.
    04-22-11 08:49 PM
    thx for the answers. Actually I looked around at home, try to find something for the phone, and then I found a 1 year old box, it was the package of a Samsung S5230 (it's my mother's phone at the moment). The screen protectors were still inside, they are a little bit old, and not so clear, as a new one, but I think it still does the job, so protects my screen. So I grabbed a pen and a knife, and applied the stuff on my BB. I measured the height and the width, and added plus 0,5 mm to each side. Then I pulled it off, placed on a paper, grabbed the knife and cutted off the surplus. After that, i've used mild soap and water to clean the protector off. Then I cleaned my phone screen with a cloth, and carefully applied the thing on my BB. I think it's looking pretty good, of course not as good, as it would be opened from a completely new and closed protector package. I have some air bubbles also, but I guess it's much better, if I would have nothing on the screen at all.
    Sorry for my english, I hope it was not too bad.
    04-23-11 03:36 AM
    Ack, Bubbles. I had those with the 1st pack (or 5, from which I only used 2) and on the 1st two attempts of applying the skinomi (but the skinomi could be removed and reapplied, luckily).

As long as it is protected, I don't care if it's wrapped in a 10cm toilet paper layer. Just keep your Berry safe!
    04-23-11 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD