I'm new to the Blackberry and have recently acquired a 8900 Curve. I received this BB with OS v4.6.1.xxx and since upgrading to v5.0.0.190 I receive an error message when the device is put into the charging cradle.
    "USB charging current is not sufficient. Verify that your handheld is connected to a powered USB charging source and that the proper USB driver is installed."
    If I connect the USB cable directly to the device the error is not displayed.

Any pointers with this matter will be appreciated.
    Regards to all my new BB found friends. Brian.

Luv my BB. Will never ever go back to SE.
    01-07-10 07:11 AM
    Sounds like a problem with the Cradle itself. Your device can tell if there is not enough power going to it... I've seen the same thing when I was rebooting my PC and the PC had powered off just before it came back up... and you know the device doesn't have any issue because you can connect it with a USB cable.

By the way, you might consider upgrading your OS since OS 5.0.0.411 is now Official.
    01-07-10 07:33 AM
    also might consider replacing the charging cable to the cradle. Yes, what fatboy said, upgrade to the latest Official OS .411.
    01-07-10 08:31 AM
    Tks Fatboy
    The irony is the it did not do that with v4.6.1.130. I will definitely be looking for upgrades to the OS. They normally sort out the little bugs that way. I have also noted that there is a v5.0.0.611 released for a Aussie provider. Do you perhaps have any recommendation for the version?
    Brian.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 08:34 AM
    Tks for your feedback too StormChaser.
    Definately going to DL and upgrade. Hope it is a bug. Do you perhaps have recommendations for the 611 version?
    Brian.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 08:48 AM
    I don't even know about the .611 version. For now, stick with the official. Get your phone up and running and the cradle working. Once that is all done, then maybe you can do some research on the .611.

01-07-10 09:16 AM
    Sorry guys - Here's the correct info ...
    Software For BlackBerry Curve (TM) 8900 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.661 (EastAsia)

Package Version: 5.0.0.661
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 5.0.0.411
    * Software Platform: 5.2.0.31

Am I looking at the correct version?
    01-07-10 10:31 AM
    Yes you are. The Applications is the actual OS version.
    01-07-10 11:18 AM
    Tks A-Graceless, Just more to add...
    I was messing around with the different options when placing the device into the charging cradle and there is only one config that causes the error. That happens only when entering "Bedside Mode" and the display is set to "Analog". That rules out the USB cable and the Cradle.
    BTW, I have DL'd the OS update and will be applying it during the course of the day. I will post back again with my findings and results.

Thanks to all input so far. You are all greatly appreciated.
    Regards Brian.
    01-08-10 01:34 AM
    Latest official OS (5.0.0.411) loaded.
    From what I see so far - I like.
    Will feedback on the other issues later or tomorrow.
    01-08-10 02:39 AM
    The charging problem has been resolved.
    Must have been a bug in the OS.
    01-11-10 05:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD