I replaced the entire housing on my 8330 today. I had to move over the two cradle charging contacts on either side of the battery door latch. Those suckers are hard to get out and I ended up breaking one. Anybody know where I can buy these? If not, how about an entire new midplate with all the contacts, etc. already installed on it? Also, is the midplate the same for all the 8300 series BB's? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    03-05-09 06:10 PM
    You can check cnn.cn for them. Possibly at bbenriched.com as well - if those fail ebay?
    03-05-09 06:11 PM
    You can check cnn.cn for them. Possibly at bbenriched.com as well - if those fail ebay?

No luck at any of those sites. Even Ebay turned up no results unless I'm searching for the wrong thing.
    03-05-09 06:13 PM
    Yeah I looked too at cnn really quick. I did not see them unless its part of something like the housing or other? Someone who actually has opened the phone will give ya better advice - I have never opened mine other than battery pulls.........

Good luck BigShowJoe
    03-05-09 06:21 PM
    i think they are apart of the midplate...
    03-05-09 06:22 PM
    I've seen some midplates come with them and some that don't. I thought I was getting one that did. It is possible to remove them, I just didn't know the proper way until it was too late.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 08:36 PM
    I don't think they are a part of the midplate. I have an old housing in a drawer and I went and looked at it. The metal things are not on it at all, not the midplate, not anywhere. I wonder if this is what you need?

BlackBerry Curve 8300/8310/8320/8330 OEM battery connector- Alcatel, Apple, Dopod/O2, HTC, BenQ-Siemens, NEC, Accessories Store, LG, Tools,
    03-05-09 08:42 PM
    That is the battery contact. What I need are the little gold pieces on either side of the battery door latch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 08:58 PM
    03-05-09 10:03 PM
    Thats a good site but still no luck with the charging contacts. If I could just find someone who sells the complete midplates with everything installed I could go that route also.
    03-06-09 09:18 AM
    After looking some more, I see that GSM4World.us DOES have complete midplates for the 8300, 8310, 8320. Can anybody confirm if these are the same for the 8330? Maybe the site just hasn't updated their descriptions.
    03-06-09 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD