I came across "BlackBerry M-S1 1550mAh Standard Battery for Bold 9000" here on the crackberry shop.

My question, are these still used batteries? I see 5 stars ratings on the first page, if I go on the next page, I see just 1 star ratings claiming the batteries were used.
    10-08-12 08:35 AM
    Ok, sorry. I see this in the description:
    These were returned with the phones during 30 day trial period of the phone.

But I don't get it, the phones have been returned, and now they are selling just the batteries??? what does happen to th phones without battery?
    10-08-12 08:39 AM
    Checking with the store team for the details on this....
    10-10-12 04:21 PM
    Hey SoCal,

Ok, just got off the phone with our purchasing manager. Here's the scoop:

- First things first, all BlackBerry batteries that we sell are brand new stock, unless otherwise noted. As you pointed out in your thread, on this particular page it was noted they were used (aka A stock) batteries. We don't carry A stock for a lot of batteries -- mainly carry new -- but sometimes will buy the A stock as it offers customers more choice to have a cheaper alternative, and also sometimes we can't get supply of new batteries, so at least having A stock allows us to have an option for users.

- When it comes to where A stock batteries (used batteries) come from, it can vary. But more often than not, it's people with a new phone that have brought it back due to warranty issues, etc. Often when these phone returns happen, the companies will essentially take these returned phones and sell off the good bits -- batteries, door covers, to other companies, etc.

- When it come to the A batteries we do sell, we're buying the from a supplier. The supplier we buy from tests all of the used batteries they are shipping to us before we buy them. They basically run them through a machine that guarantees there still at 90% + charge capacity.

- Looking at the negative comments you're referring to on that thread, there was one batch of used batteries we received a long time ago where a few less than 90% batteries were in place (the supplier contacted us right away when an issue was discovered, and all customers had their batteries replaced asap). There hasn't been any sort of issue since then.

Think that covers it! Hope that answers your question.

K
    SoCal90210 likes this.
    10-10-12 04:53 PM