I just received the new battery and the back door/battery are larger than the original. Getting ready to purchase one of the Otter cases but concerned if Tour will now fit the Otter case? Need the Otter case because I work in the construction industry and these appear to be the best. Thanks in advance
    08-04-10 04:10 PM
    No, it won't fit. Best bet is to see if Seidio makes a case that fits with the extended battery. I know, it sucks! I use the 2600 with my Storm 2 and am waiting for Seidio to make a case for it. They did for the Storm 1, but not the Storm 2.
    08-04-10 04:44 PM
    Thanks a lot Chuck.
    08-07-10 09:12 AM
    Yeah, like Chuck said, the Otterbox cases (Commuter or Defender) won't fit. Their hard plastic parts will prevent them from fitting over the 2600.

Commuter - the soft part of the case is fitted onto the phone and the hard plastic goes over that

Defender - (opposite of the Commuter) the hard part fits onto the phone first, then the soft part goes over that. The Defender hard part fits snug and I could not put the hard part on with a PhantomSkinz already on my phone. Just that skin made my phone too "fat" for the Defender.
    08-07-10 10:22 PM
    I have a 9650 and am using the 2600 battery with an Otterbox Defender. Leave the door off. Fits perfectly
    08-27-10 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD