Love the new commuter case from Otterbox. Today I noticed that the map program couldn't locate me with the case on...and then worked perfectly when I took the case off. Has anyone else noticed this? Is the case preventing the satellite signals from getting in?
    11-27-11 11:04 PM
    I have 9900 with commuter not problem at all
    11-27-11 11:06 PM
    I have the commuter as well and never had that problem BUT when I open BB Maps, and I'm moving (on a vehicle) somehow the maps shows the other way around. Instead of North on top, it's at the bottom. And turning the phone upside down corrects it. Weird.
    11-28-11 12:15 AM
    Never had an issue with a GPS signal on my 9930, and I'm using the thicker Defender case.
    11-28-11 12:45 AM
    I have the commuter as well and never had that problem BUT when I open BB Maps, and I'm moving (on a vehicle) somehow the maps shows the other way around. Instead of North on top, it's at the bottom. And turning the phone upside down corrects it. Weird.
    Open Maps/Options change North up to Track up. Had to do that on a trip south. Hope that helped.
    I also have the ob commuter and have not noticed any gps issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-11 07:47 AM
    No GPS issues here and I've had the otterbox commuter from day 1. I've actually been extremely pleased with the 9900s GPS.

Zachary Wickliffe
    11-28-11 08:25 AM
    No issues with my GPS using OtterBox Commuter case. I had it for a good while myself.
    11-28-11 08:37 AM
    Thanks folks, for going easy on me! GPS worked fine today with the case on.
    11-28-11 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD