tools
    seidio holster here i come!
    there not yet made...
    07-01-09 02:59 PM
    how long ago did the 8830 come out? ya thats what i thought
    07-01-09 03:03 PM
    Sweet a holster
    07-01-09 03:04 PM
    I thought the days of free holsters and cases were long gone! I don't know about anyone else but I hated those pouches that come with the storm/curve and i always bought a clip and a silicone but now i'll only have to be the silicone, I mean i think it's pretty cool...this is what it says:

Included Accessories
    Lithium Ion Battery (1400 mAh)
    3.5 mm Stereo Headset
    Preinstalled 2GB microSD Memory Card
    BlackBerry Swivel Holster
    BlackBerry Travel Charger with International Adaptor Clips
    USB Data Cable
    Preinstalled SIM Card
    Documentation Kit (including BlackBerry User Tools CD and User Guide)
    Global Support Kit
    VZAccess Manager CD-ROM
    Quick Reference Guide
    RF Brochure
    Sure wish it was a side loading (horizontal) vs the top loading one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 03:13 PM
    there not yet made...
    it wont take long
    07-01-09 05:01 PM
    I see it's a VZW unboxing, but wtf is that to the left of the case? Looks like a international adapter? or is that the actual adapter? Kinda crooked so who knows if they just got a vzw phone and threw it in a international/unlocked box..
    It's becuase its a "World Phone" The 8800 came with adaptors as well. And whats with the holster? You guys really walk around with your BB strapped to your belt like a superhero's utility belt?
    07-01-09 05:12 PM
    where did you get that info b/c most carriers will not allow a swivel holster to be provided in the packaging. Normally its just a memory card now
    As has been said already... this is the replacement for the 8830 world phone... which came with the swivel holster... which btw made for the BEST holster for the Storm.... I'm still using my 8830 holster for my Storm...
    07-01-09 05:28 PM
    do you think the Curve 8330 holster case (that one that makes it sleep) will fit the Tour?
    07-01-09 06:58 PM
    It's becuase its a "World Phone" The 8800 came with adaptors as well. And whats with the holster? You guys really walk around with your BB strapped to your belt like a superhero's utility belt?
    Always since I wear a DUTY Belt for WORK
    07-01-09 07:08 PM
    The holster looks sexy.

I must admit, I'm happy there isn't a crappy pouch that I'll never use because it puts lines on my screen. I paid $50 total for cover solutions for my Curve. People on here have probably paid double or triple that for solutions. Having one given to me with the phone is a major positive. +1 RIM and VZ
    07-01-09 07:40 PM
    I'm normally not a big fan of nerdy holsters, but I kind of like the way this one looks. Besides, I'd hate to get lint all up in my trackball ._.

Can anyone tell me if it's a clip-on holster? Or like, does it attach to your belt (or pants?) a different way? I'm curious as to how secure it would be since I've never used such device :P
    07-01-09 07:55 PM
    not trying to hijack the thread but what does putting a blackberry to sleep do? Do you still get calls/texts/emails? I would assume it saves your battery?
    07-01-09 08:47 PM
    a case and a headset...sweet! so excited for my first blackberry!
    07-01-09 08:48 PM
    To give a quick answer to a couple of questions.

I doubt the 8330 case would work for the tour. Tour is a fair amount larger than this phone. From a previous post, the Storm cases may have the best shot.

The sleep feature in these cases is a magnet that basically puts your phone in a sleep mode (ok not sure if it is technically sleep mode) so that it does not make unexpected calls or keep turning on by hitting buttons. Yes, you still get calls, texts, emails, can listen to music etc. It is a very nice feature

07-02-09 12:46 AM
    while i think the holster is awesome, especially cause they're, you know, just throwing it in there, i won't be using it. because of these forums, i've already decided on a case to place my baby in
    07-02-09 12:56 AM
    To give a quick answer to a couple of questions.

I doubt the 8330 case would work for the tour. Tour is a fair amount larger than this phone. From a previous post, the Storm cases may have the best shot.

The sleep feature in these cases is a magnet that basically puts your phone in a sleep mode (ok not sure if it is technically sleep mode) so that it does not make unexpected calls or keep turning on by hitting buttons. Yes, you still get calls, texts, emails, can listen to music etc. It is a very nice feature

it does help with battery life
    07-02-09 01:00 AM
    And whats with the holster? You guys really walk around with your BB strapped to your belt like a superhero's utility belt?
    :-) I assume you're from the UK lol. Was thinking just the same...

07-02-09 01:04 AM

I only dress as a super hero at work. Rest of the time I tone it down to the clark kent type and not use a holster. Really is a convenience factor for where I work

07-02-09 02:17 AM
    The tour will be my first Blackberry. I'm gonna be converting from WM. Would a Tour with a silicon or rubber skin on it fit inside this case?
    07-02-09 02:34 AM
    I will still skin it until better cases and holsters are made.
    07-02-09 03:21 AM
    For those of you that don't follow the 8900 forum, it came with a cheapo pouch that was so tight i activated the camera (or some other) button and drained the battery instead of preserving it. I don't know how many were sent back before people right here on crackberry figured it out. So now I wonder if RIM is done with cheapo pouches altogether.
    07-02-09 03:36 AM

Nope, New Yorker. Lots of BB's around these parts.... not so many "hip huggin holsters".
    07-02-09 11:09 AM
    Nope, New Yorker. Lots of BB's around these parts.... not so many "hip huggin holsters".
    Cool, I kind of assumed the holster/case was more of a US thing... Guess you're a bit more enlightened in NYC... ;-)

07-02-09 12:22 PM
    Side mount cases are better. More comfortable and less travel coming out of the case instead of the long way.

CB has a nice one for $19.95 with a sleepy time magnet.
    07-02-09 12:33 PM
    Ordering up my accessories now to avoid the rush.
    07-02-09 12:34 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD