ColorWare Inc., a company known for altering the color of existing products, is extending their product line to include BlackBerrys.

Founded in 2000, Colorware has developed a high-gloss, scratch-resistant polymer-based coating in a whole slew of colors that they can apply to all kinds of stuff like ipods, gaming consoles and PCs.

According to their website, support for the Pearl, Curve, and 8800 series starts December 31st.

Here to the ColourWare website Colorware
    12-30-07 01:42 PM
    I love ColorWare! Thanks for the info!
    08-30-08 11:40 PM
    Great......i cant wait to send mines in...
    08-31-08 04:47 PM
    I am still waiting to see if they relent and start doing cases/housings only.

They almost have to, as small-time business may start to eat into their profits.
    09-01-08 02:55 PM
    I am still waiting to see if they relent and start doing cases/housings only.

They almost have to, as small-time business may start to eat into their profits.
    Yeah they could then accomodate us international folk
    09-01-08 02:57 PM
    How long does it take to get back the pearl? I might if it's like a day or 2.
    09-01-08 02:58 PM
    Yeah they could then accomodate us international folk
    Exactly.

It may get harder and harder to justify getting folks to send the ENTIRE phone in to simply switch the housings.
    09-01-08 03:37 PM
    Exactly.

It may get harder and harder to justify getting folks to send the ENTIRE phone in to simply switch the housings.
    I chatted to one of their operators online and asked those very questions - All I got was an 'I doubt it' and something to do with the taxes - Kinda got the feeling they weren't particularly interested.
    09-01-08 03:51 PM
    I chatted to one of their operators online and asked those very questions - All I got was an 'I doubt it' and something to do with the taxes - Kinda got the feeling they weren't particularly interested.
    Supposedly, it has to with them wanting to make sure it is "fitted" correctly.
    09-01-08 08:22 PM
    Anyone else notice this thread was dug up from the grave?
    09-01-08 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD