Okay so I got my bold this weekend love it. I just don't know which one of this options to choose. I love the colorware it looks great. (and my girlfriend says she would pay for it for valentines day). I like the holster that the phone came with so I will be using it. Would this me enough protection ? One thing I really like is the way the phone feels so I don't really want to put a case over it. What about the screen should I buy a protector ? Are the screens easy to scratch ? Sorry for the long post but just want to get some opinions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 11:09 AM
    Ok thanks. Are blackberry screens easy to scratch ?

01-19-10 12:15 PM
    Never used a screen protector. Never had scratches on any of the 3 BB's I've owned.

Colorware is cool by wayyyyyyyyyy too expensive to justify. Plus living without the phone until it comes back
    01-19-10 12:20 PM
    Don't let Colorware fool you. Their products WILL scratch. The battery cover on my 9000 was all scuffed up just from setting the phone down on my desk. You'd have to carry around a cloth just to set the phone on to avoid this.
    01-19-10 12:23 PM
    i got mine colorwared with screen protecter and i use the holster. iam even more careful with phone now its coloured. i would say from personal use that the holster is fine and i wouldnt use a case with the trackpad and keyboard exposed.
    01-19-10 12:25 PM
    screen protectors are always good. for just in case.
    01-19-10 12:29 PM
    Thanks for the advice guys. Looks like I'm going to have to watch where I put this thing down. If I do the color ware is it hard to put on ? I've seen the video. It looks like a cave man can do it. But any advice is appreciated.

01-19-10 12:34 PM
    I'm using a epik gel case with a best skins ever screen protector. Wiping the screen with a cloth put a few hairline scratches on the lcd so decided to put a screen protector on. Cannot fault the epik case, great case at a great price. Perfect fit!

01-19-10 12:53 PM
    I am using a screen protector and the case-mate barely there case. from my experience, the screens don't scratch that easily, but the protector does help keep it that way a little longer.
    01-19-10 12:58 PM
    3M plastic polish has always kept my phones shiny and scratch free.
    01-19-10 01:12 PM
    DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOTTT send your phone to colorware. Thats a complete waste of 159 dollars. You can get your phone in color you want for $60max if you purchase parts at sw-box.com or truesupplier.com. Now you make think if u do it yourself it voids your warranty, if you send it to colorware, your warranty is automatically voided. so why not do it yourself and save money?
    01-19-10 01:51 PM
    DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOTTT send your phone to colorware. Thats a complete waste of 159 dollars. You can get your phone in color you want for $60max if you purchase parts at sw-box.com or truesupplier.com. Now you make think if u do it yourself it voids your warranty, if you send it to colorware, your warranty is automatically voided. so why not do it yourself and save money?
    Wow thanks for the heads up. So if I do it will it void the warranty ?

01-19-10 02:27 PM
    yes it will void your warranty... sw-box.com is a good site to buy, i wouldn't buy from truesupplier.. w/ colorware i notice the phone feel's like it could fly out of my hand but that was with my 9000, i have my 9700 stock with case-mate hybrid which comes with a screen protector
    Last edited by sfjon918; 01-19-10 at 04:41 PM.
    01-19-10 04:38 PM
    Well, if you want colorware and you can afford it (or your gf), why not get it? B/c with swbox.com and truesupplier - you have to take your phone apart. Do the colorware, buy an invisible skin for the entire phone, get a screen protector (I most definitely use one), and use the holster. You'll be all set and ready to prevent scratches. But obviously these give you no drop protection. I use the holster some times. Right now I have an epik case (awesome!) and a screen protector.
    Last edited by thosialg08; 01-19-10 at 04:57 PM.
    01-19-10 04:50 PM
    I'm using a epik gel case with a best skins ever screen protector. Wiping the screen with a cloth put a few hairline scratches on the lcd so decided to put a screen protector on. Cannot fault the epik case, great case at a great price. Perfect fit!

Do you have a picture of your phone with the epik gel case? I'm contemplating getting one, but there are not pictures of the case in the phone on their website.

I have the full body from BSE and Barely There from Case-mate. I only applied the top front, screen, and front bottom of the full body. I love it!!!
    01-19-10 05:04 PM
    I'll give my 2 cents and say that the colorware'd parts I bought were not worth it. I decided not to make a thread on this although I was rather peeved at what I received. Keep in mind that many people have ordered Colorware stuff and been very happy with it. I, however, am not one of those people. The top piece and bezel are indeed already attached, but there is no foam strip below the earpiece. There is also no foam piece backing the ear-speaker mesh. The mesh they put in place of the OEM BB mesh looked like strainer material...and you can't take apart the Colorware parts because they are already attached. The "Blackberry" that is printed on the front of the top piece below the speaker was crooked. The "Black" was straight, and the "berry" curved up towards the speaker. Really unacceptable in terms of the quality control on this product. In addition to this, they didn't indicate on their website that they didn't have the 9700 parts in, and I had to wait almost a week for them to email me to say that it was "backordered." My order took a month, although the website says "Ships in three weeks."

Yeah, suffice to say, I was not pleased with the product or the service. But, the colors were nice. I also forgot to mention that the bottom piece, the one with the carrier logo printed on it, did not fit properly onto the bezel after installation. I'm not sure if the paint added something to the dimensions, but the bottom piece actually sat higher than the space bar. So, I took it all apart and threw away the colorware parts.

Again, I'm not trying to globally bash Colorware as there are many people that are happy with them. Unfortunately, I cannot say for myself though that I would ever order from them, or pay another $198 (with shipping) for parts from them again.
    01-19-10 05:35 PM
    All these newbies have no idea what they are talking about. I bought all my parts from TrueSupplier.com and they are great parts. I have used them for my 8320, my 8900 and now my 9700. Anytime you modify your phone from OEM you void the warranty. Anyone who tells you different idoesn't know any better.

Colorware is just an expensive alternative to doing it yourself. I blacked out my 9700 for $24. I also use a privacy screen protector. Like any screen, you can scratch it. You can take your chances bare, but why when you can buy one off eBay for less than $5? It's peace of mind.

SW-Box and TrueSupplier are trustworthy sellers. All these new users need to learn first before speaking.

You can look here to see what DIY looks like.

And here for my cover and privacy screen protector.
    Last edited by 3CISSBB; 01-19-10 at 05:52 PM.
    01-19-10 05:39 PM
    3cissbb, can we be friends? I will send you my pin

01-19-10 06:20 PM
    wow great info guys thank you so much. Im really worried about losing the warranty now, does the insurance go out the window too ? Thanks
    01-19-10 08:48 PM
    I recommend a Bodyguardz. I swear by them, they are legit. Colorwares are nice but they are way too expensive, but they do look really nice. For a case you can try an epik resin. They are clean and nice.
    01-19-10 08:55 PM
    Wow I checked out the colorware site and really want one. Because I want one with white and a little bit of cotton candy. I firgure I got my dude a mophie for his iphone with a holster I can get one of these colorwares for myself. do you know if they send the original casing back to you as well?
    01-19-10 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD