There's 3 of them now on the CB store. Seidio, Mobi, and Speck.

Anyone have any opinions? I am planning on keeping my phone in my pants pocket or in a backpack pocket. Right now I use a bestskinsever for my screen with a soft silicon rubber outside.

I like the rubber feel but I would like to know if the hard case provides more protection (especially while outdoors)

I do not plan to ever holster the phone.
    Last edited by pooger; 03-17-08 at 12:59 PM.
    03-17-08 12:56 PM
    I'm interested to find out too, I've been looking at the Seidio clear case, but then I've heard that it doesn't fit tight enough, but then I have no idea DOES anybody have opinions and/or owned any of these and have anything to comment on them? liked? didn't like them?
    thanks~

03-18-08 06:59 PM
    I just ordered the Seidio hybrid, should be here Thurs.......will report back on that for you then.
    03-18-08 07:02 PM
    I used several clear hard cases on my old 8700 and they worked great but just always looked so dirty because the show dust a lot!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-08 07:13 PM
    I have the Speck clear hard case along with the BSE covering on my gold 8320 and it is working very well. The Speck case is only $9.99 at T-Mobile stores and I bought mine for less because it was a returned product.
    03-18-08 08:55 PM
    I also have a BSE/Speck combo on my Curve, and i love it. Really tight too, and i like how it has the plastic over the screen as well.

I recommend it.
    03-18-08 09:16 PM
    Ok, just got the Seidio Hybrid.........very nice, clear plastic front, rubberized black back.........fit and finish very nice. Nice feel in hand, and with rubberized grippy back, will work well in vehicle, and not slide around. Because of the increased thickness that it adds to the BB, barely slides in and out of the BB supplied holster tho? hmmmm. Any thoughts?
    03-20-08 10:59 AM
    I have the speck case for my curve. It's a nice tight fit but the clip is horrible.
    03-20-08 11:11 AM
    I have the Speck clear hard case along with the BSE covering on my gold 8320 and it is working very well. The Speck case is only $9.99 at T-Mobile stores and I bought mine for less because it was a returned product.
    Woah seriously it's 9.99 at tmobile?
    03-20-08 11:18 AM
    Do all of those cases feel great in the pants pocket? I'm not going to holster mine ever anyway. Too dangerous if it's showing when I'm international.
    03-20-08 11:19 AM
    The speck is a clear smooth case so its fine in a pocket, im interested in how the siedio case is, since its has rubber as its backing.
    03-20-08 11:23 AM
    The Speck slides in and out of my pocket easily. With the Speck on my Curve, its too tight to fit into the Blackberry holster that comes standard with the Curve. And yes, $9.99 at TMobile stores.
    03-20-08 04:30 PM
    Seidio Hybrid fits my pearl like a glove and easily slides in and out of my pocket of choice. Looks great too. (see my avatar pic) It has a tendency to pop apart if I drop it from anything higher than a coffee table but hey, it ain't no otterbox. It will do until I decide to pony up for something more "impact resistant"
    03-20-08 06:29 PM
    I like the concept of the otterbox, but it just feels like it would be a pain in the **** to keep it in my pocket. I could be wrong, but I don't feel like buying it without checking it out first.
    03-20-08 06:53 PM
    The rubber backing on the Seidio Hybrid case does not offer THAT much friction. I think the word rubber doesn't really say how the back piece feels. It's actually really smooth, but you can tell it's not polished. Feels good when you're holding it because it gives a nice grip, but it definitely slides around easily into your jeans or whatever. What I like about it the most is I can put it on slanted surfaces or my dash and it doesn't slide around because the rubber provides just enough resistance to give the best of both worlds
    03-20-08 07:23 PM
    Xactly! Stopped in my local VZW today and showed them the BB in the Hybrid and they went nuts over it saying that they should be selling them in the store. They never heard of Seidio.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-08 08:58 PM
    I like my Speck case, it has a nice snug fit and its not too bulky perfect in my holster.
    03-21-08 09:30 PM
    I just received my Seidio Super Slim Hybrid Case with Holster Combo and screen guard a few days ago. I really love the back of the case. It doesn't have the sticky feel that some rubberized cases have. It feels very smooth and I am able to slip it in and out of the pockets of my pants and purse very easily. I also like the screen guard that I ordered from Seidio. I was able to apply it perfectly the first time with no air bubbles and I don't notice it all.

I do have a concern about the case as the clear top feels a little flimsy in the way it clicked onto the back. I'm not sure what type of protection it will provide if I drop my Curve. I haven't dropped it yet, but I know it is only a matter of time.

I don't like wearing a holster in public, but I ordered it for situations when it might come in handy. It is very nice and snaps onto the case very easily.

I would definitely recommend this case. It shows the beauty of my new Curve and I like the way it feels in my hand.
    03-22-08 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD