07-02-09 04:33 AM
91 1234
tools
    How clear is the anti-glare when the display is on??

Can you take pics?
    It's really clear. Once it's on, it's pretty much invisible. I had no problems using the phone on bright sunny days.

I don't have a camera, so no pics. sorry!
    02-26-09 03:25 PM
    i ordered one of those that require water from ebay, and i kept getttin air bubles

i dont wanna have to wait for shipping so im just gunna buy one at the mall, ill see what i can fine
    and ill let you guys know how it works for me
    02-26-09 05:13 PM
    I received my Clarivue Ultra Clear screen protector about 3 days ago. It was really quick and easy to install. It doesn't slide around since it is a dry install, but I was able to get it on straight on the first try. It is crystal clear so you can't tell that it's there unless you really look closely. In my opinion the Clarivue has a more solid feel compared to the BSE protector which has a rubbery texture (not sure which I like better). I would say the Clarivue screen is similar to the film that ships with the phone only thicker and more rigid to provide better scratch protection. Overall, I'm happy with it and will order again in the future.
    02-26-09 05:27 PM
    Does clarivue offer a full body as well? Or just screen protection? Has anyone had the phantomskinz and the clarivue? How does the clarivue compare to phantomskinz.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 05:34 PM
    Clarivue only does screen protection for the 8900. I'm not sure about any other device.
    02-26-09 05:37 PM
    clarivue screen protector is excellent, i like it way better than the zagg because its more firm and rigid, it feels harder and feels like it provides better protection
    02-26-09 06:39 PM
    At the risk of sounding crude, the Clarivue screen protector is like an ultra-thin condom..you hardly know it's there, but it provides the protection you need.
    02-26-09 06:54 PM
    Nice analogy! I agree 100%.

02-26-09 06:58 PM
    If you can't stand even the slightest orange peel effect, Phantom Skinz works very well also and has a totally clear look. I have one on another phone of mine and it's quite nice. Very easy to apply as well, you dip the protector in a cup of warm water for 60 seconds and then apply. Slides around with some effort, but it's very easy to line up.
    Yeah, I don't mind a little orange peel, but this BSE is HORRIBLE. Maybe my screen protector application skills are what's horrible....
    02-26-09 10:05 PM
    Heres a coupon code for 10% off I found. Not much but hey its a discount...

02-27-09 08:42 AM
    Apparently I Dont Know How To Install Screen Protectors Lol

Im Gunna Go Buy One Sometime This Week And Make Someone Install It For Me Because I Suck Lol

For Now, I Stole A Screen Protector For A Samsung Instinct And Cut It Myself, A Small Air Bubble In The Middle But At Least Its Protected

Im Aiming For Perfection!
    02-27-09 11:11 AM
    Clarivue has great CS. I ordered the Anti-Glare from them, but they sent me the UltraClear. I told them about it, and they sent me new ones and asked me to return the wrong ones after I received the correct ones. They also didn't mind that I already used one, because it is almost impossible to tell without applying it.
    02-27-09 03:01 PM
    I just ordered the Clarivue after returning the ZAGG - which was a disaster. I don't know about anyone else, but I was completely unable to get the ZAGG lined up without bubbles or crease marks. Hopefully the Clarivue will be better.
    03-04-09 10:06 AM
    I ordered a Clarivue one of each... Will review when they come in
    03-04-09 11:25 AM
    I got and applied mine today, so here is a mini review if you will.

I ordered my Clarivue on Feb 25, I was notified that it shipped on the 27th and I received it today. I selected the free standard shipping. I paid $9.89 after the 10% coupon. They also charged an 18 cent exchange fee that I don't recall reading about on the website (I may just have glossed over it, so please correct me if I am mistaken). Eighteen cents isn't really a big deal, but I would still like to be informed of these things (again correct me if I am mistaken, as I may well be). Prices were also in USD and it was shipped from Washington.

I received two crystal clear screen protectors and a wipe cloth for cleaning the screen. I was glad that they threw in the cloth because I didn't have any myself. The screen protector is in between to plastic sheets with tabs. You pull off the sheet with the #1 tab, position the protector on your screen and once it is in place peel back the #2 tab.

I botched my first try by getting some dust stuck to the screen protector. Ooops! My second try went much better. My only issue was that I pushed the screen protector right up onto the left side of my screen to align it correctly, and created a tiny gap on the right side because of how far I had it on the left. It is barely noticeable and my case covers the sides anyway so it is not an issue, but if I had to install it again I would try to center it better. I applied it slowly pressing it down as I went along and am happy to report that I have no bubbles or blemishes of any sort. And the screen protector really is as crystal clear as they say. It is not sticky at all, no glue or adhesive. Really it is exactly what I was looking for and I give this product a thumbs up. Here are some pics.
    03-05-09 08:55 PM
    Where in the world are you?????

Lol maybe the trasaction fee was from your credit card? When I was in england last year I was charged a fee on all purchases. Glad it looks good can not wait to get mine.

03-05-09 09:01 PM
    Where in the world are you?????

Lol maybe the trasaction fee was from your credit card? When I was in england last year I was charged a fee on all purchases. Glad it looks good can not wait to get mine.

I'm in the US(for now... dun dun dun) but I checked my bank account and it looks like the company is out of British Columbia so that is where the charge comes from.

I hope they work out for you too! I am very pleased with mine.
    03-05-09 09:15 PM
    Been using clarivue screensaver for a day and I'm loving it. I applied it almost perfectly...off by a bit and hardly noticeable. One small bubble, but it looks great, just like the screen itself!

03-05-09 10:49 PM
    got mine yesterday and applied it yesterday. i was extremely happy to take off the seidio screen protector i had been using. the clarivue went on perfectly and easily. no bubbles no nothing. what a difference. if you didn't know it was there you'd think i wasn't using anything. one big advantage over the seidio (other than the included wipe) is the size of the screen protector. it covers the entire glass area practically whereas the seidio tried to cover just the screen part without the black borders or anything (if that makes sense). made it very difficult to align properly. the clarivue went right on perfectly the first time.
    03-05-09 11:20 PM
    How well does the ultra-clear do in keeping smudges and fingering prints off. Or is getting the anti-glare the only way to go.

03-05-09 11:37 PM
    How well does the ultra-clear do in keeping smudges and fingering prints off. Or is getting the anti-glare the only way to go.

i was wondering the same thing...
    03-05-09 11:57 PM
    The ultra clear gets prints and smudges just like the naked lcd. The difference is that
    you can simply wipe them off with your shirt and not worry about scratching the screen.
    I use just a tiny bit of water to clean the screen, and then wipe it off with my shirt. It is
    Left looking like new each and every time. I haven't seen the anti-glare, but I can say the
    ultra-clear is worth every penny.

03-06-09 12:12 AM
    The ultra clear gets prints and smudges just like the naked lcd. The difference is that
    you can simply wipe them off with your shirt and not worry about scratching the screen.
    I use just a tiny bit of water to clean the screen, and then wipe it off with my shirt. It is
    Left looking like new each and every time. I haven't seen the anti-glare, but I can say the
    ultra-clear is worth every penny.

im assuming the anti-glare probably looks dull compared to the rest of the face of the phone. that might make it look uglier??
    03-06-09 12:24 AM
    I don't know, but that's what I assumed when I was trying to figure out which to get.

03-06-09 12:26 AM
    thanks for the suggestion and coupon i just ordered one!
    03-06-09 12:37 AM
91 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD