06-30-10 01:18 AM
28 12
tools
    OEM BLACKBERRY BOLD M-S1 MS1 battery+charger for 9000! - eBay (item 350195351180 end time May-27-09 01:59:51 PDT)

Seller has good feedback overall so, for $11, I took the plunge! If this shows up as described I might pick up another one and solve my super extended battery with out the giant door dilemma. Hmm, that would be what, 4650mah for $22? Frickin' sweet

UPDATE 06/08/09: Voila! My battery and charger arrived today. As expected, the charger is cheap crap that went straight to the trash. Now, on to the goodies! The battery's external case is definitely OEM, but it's missing the white sticker which makes me think its been rebuilt or is used. The electrical contact points are un-marred which leads me to the former. The battery arrived 80%ish charged, which made it easy to get these CaptureIt's of the battery e-screen.

STOCK

EBAY CRAP?

I'll be testing it out over the next couple of weeks swapping with my original battery. As a side note, I ordered an OEM battery and OEM mini external battery charger from amazon.com The charger works perfect and I highly recommend it. The battery I was sent is defective (won't charge) but looked brand new. Funny that the cheap ebay battery is the one that seems to be working well

Oh, and a few commented that the Bolds battery is supposed to be 4.75v not 3.7v. Not true, the back of my original battery has 3.7v printed on it and the escreen above shows what I'm generally running at

Update in a week, unless my Bold blows up
    Last edited by maxiang; 06-09-09 at 07:30 AM.
    05-22-09 10:38 PM
    That is not an OEM battery, but infact it is a replacement battery. It is a cheap knock off battery and I mean cheap as in low grade junk.
    It is only 1150mah which is a far cry from OEM 1500-1550mah battery.

I learned long ago about cheap third market junk and that is to never buy it.

If it looks, smells, taste like a rotten sack of potatoes. Then it is.

A so call deal like this is a some what scam. To good to be true.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 11:02 PM
    *shrugs* Like I said, the seller has good feed back (something like 95%ish) but I'll find out in a couple of weeks when it gets here. If nothing else, I'll do good deed and report the seller to ebay for mis-representing it. I'm hoping it pans out though

05-22-09 11:09 PM
    so it is Third party NON OEM battery?
    05-22-09 11:15 PM
    The listing says OEM and the picture shows OEM...but I'll know for sure when it gets here. Unless its a really good counterfeit. I'll post back here either way after I check it out and use it a couple of times.

05-22-09 11:24 PM
    It even says in the listing description that it's a different brand and that it's 1150 Bummer for you!

OEM BLACKBERRY Battery

Extend your talk time with a spare or replacement Battery.
    Blackberry Lithium-Ion Battery with Integrated microchip prevents overcharging & lengthens battery life
    No memory issues when you remove battery - all your information will stay in tact.
    This Blackberry D9000 Battery can be recharged in phone or in the battery drawer of cradle kit.
    Capacity: 3.7V 1150mAh Replacement Battery
    Battery type: Lithium-Ion.
    Compatible With:Blackberry D9000
    Color: black
    05-23-09 01:03 AM
    I agree it could be a cheap knock-off. I trade on eBay all the time and would definitely have a 2nd look if feedback is below 99%,especially the negatives.
    Its going to be bad on your device as the power may not be stable and will affect 3G reception. My personal experience with a so-called Nokia OEM.
    There are tons of these reconditioned batteries around East Europe and Asia. Some may look genuine cos they use an actual genuine housing from a discarded battery but the insides are made in a xhop shop somewhere in East Europe, South America or China.
    Same story with fake whisky or cognac sold in supposed genuine-looking bottles. Same principle. Would you drink bad grog?

05-23-09 06:08 AM
    very likely fake, I've had the experience with curve batteries. sorry to disappoint, though for hte first little while after you receive it you'll feel like a champ and proclaim in this thread indeed, they look and work like the real thing only to be dismayed shortly down the line and hide the shame of your mistake by buying the real thing.
    cheers.
    05-23-09 08:17 AM
    See, this is what I wanted. Not just opinions, but the personal experiences and forgery info that's starting to pop up To be clear: I expect it to be crap when it gets here However, if the outside looks the way it should compared to the BlackBerry battery I have now, I'm gonna charge it up and try it out! I'll check and compare the info on the battery escreen as well for what its worth. Good or ill, everything I discover will be posted here for my fellow CB'ers to decide for themselves

05-23-09 09:41 AM
    The problem is its a 3.7v and the OEM battery is around 4.75v fully charged. That battery is under powered for these phones and yes it is a knock off, its a NON OEM battery and i personally would never buy such a thing for my BB as i respect my phone and would never have any foreign crap in it.

If you buy a battery that is a knock off and is under powered. It can cause damage to your phone in which your warranty will be void thats if you have any warraty still.

Its like buying a ELCHEAPO car battery for $50.00 thats states its have 500 cranking amps and is a OEM replacement battery for your vehicle, but your vehicles OEM battery is 700 cracnking amps and is designed to withstand everything you vehicle is equiped with. If you fry something out due to a NON vaildated replacement part. Your SOL when it comes warranty.

I am glad and happy and i don't discourage NO ONE for posting such things as the OP has done as it is good knowledge from the OLD to the YOUNg to learn such things about devices and other things in life.

You want the best, you want a proper validated part. Then buy ORIGINAL BB ITEMS.

Sedio batteries on the other hand are not a KNOCK OFF battery, but infact been validated as a NON OEM replacement part due to the fact that they are within specifications of the Orginal Part. Don't get me wrong now as if something occured like a battery exploded or what have .. RIM still and very well may void your warranty.

My point here is to make certain people buy a HIGH QUALITY replacement component if you so choose to do so.

Do i care if you do .... no ...... as its your phone, your life, your experience.
    05-23-09 11:09 AM
    not a bad price
    05-23-09 12:05 PM
    not a bad price
    If its OEM. I'll find out soon enough though

05-23-09 12:22 PM
    Voila! My battery and charger arrived today. As expected, the charger is cheap crap that went straight to the trash. Now, on to the goodies! The battery's external case is definitely OEM, but it's missing the white sticker which makes me think its been rebuilt or is used. The electrical contact points are un-marred which leads me to the former. The battery arrived 80%ish charged, which made it easy to get these CaptureIt's of the battery e-screen.

STOCK

EBAY CRAP?

I'll be testing it out over the next couple of weeks swapping with my original battery. As a side note, I ordered an OEM battery and OEM mini external battery charger from amazon.com The charger works perfect and I highly recommend it. The battery I was sent is defective (won't charge) but looked brand new. Funny that the cheap ebay battery is the one that seems to be working well

Oh, and a few commented that the Bolds battery is supposed to be 4.75v not 3.7v. Not true, the back of my original battery has 3.7v printed on it and the escreen above shows what I'm generally running at

Update in a week, unless my Bold blows up
    06-08-09 09:53 PM
    best of luck
    06-09-09 12:39 AM
    best of luck
    Thanks! Using it right now. Seems to be draining about as fast as the stocker.

06-09-09 07:24 AM
    I never buy anything from eBay if the seller is not shipping from the USA.
    06-09-09 08:15 AM
    I couldn't open the link (firewall issues), but in my opinion as a 7 year eBay veteran with 100 % feedback and being a top reviewer, 95 % feedback is not good. Its bad. I don't buy from anyone who has less than a 99 % rating, but use your own criterion/criteria based on the level of risk your willing to accept. I do appreciate you sharing a deal. Thank you!
    06-09-09 08:58 AM
    nm. i just actually read from the link. its 99.6%. that seems about right.
    Last edited by trixnrice; 06-09-09 at 01:21 PM.
    06-09-09 01:14 PM
    I have been lurking for weeks. Finally decided to jump in. I purchased the same battery and charger from the same seller last week and they are enroute. I suspected that they maybe a refurb or knockoff but decided to purchase anyway. I am interested in your follow-up assessment.
    06-09-09 01:54 PM
    Will the people who have had their non-OEM or OEM batteries explode or otherwise destroy their device (BB or otherwise) please chime in? I've had about 8 or 9 el cheapo eBay specials for various devices over the years sans problems. Just curious to see if this thread post count goes to the moon with bad experience reports now...

Last edited by sperho; 06-09-09 at 03:47 PM.
    06-09-09 03:44 PM
    I was moved and renamed I don't mind it, however, it would be nice if the mods would let the thread starter know in beforehand and give us a chance to rename it

06-09-09 08:42 PM
    I have an off beat question- excuse me for my ignorance...how did you get that battery info screen? Thanks!

06-09-09 10:22 PM
    I have an off beat question- excuse me for my ignorance...how did you get that battery info screen? Thanks!

That's a part of the engineering screens. Only two ways to access them that I know of: Have an engineering branded BlackBerry or use a time limited access code.

06-09-09 10:31 PM
    So OEM means original? Please explain? How do I determine an original MS-1 battery from a fake one? Using it with my Bold 9700. I've bought one battery online, its stated in the description that its a replacement battery, meaning? Not an original one? Then when it arrived I mistakenly changed the two batteries, I don't know which is the original one! The other one has a MADE IN CHINA print on the lower part, the other one has the MADE IN CHINA print on its upper part. Both the same in front with the BLACKBERRY and MS-1 print... So which one is the original? And by the way, the other one just got opened!!! When I tried pulling the battery inside the phone (I did the right way to pull the battery), it got opened by itself, the other half part was stuck inside and it was quite difficult to get the other left part inside, good thing I pulled the whole battery without getting it all opened or cracked out, I inserted it again and tried to turn on the phone, it worked, the phone turns on with the "opened" battery, but I think it's not safe to use it anymore... Right? I don't know which one is the "opened" battery? The original battery or the replacement one? I think its the replacement. Hahaha! Need help! Thanks so much!
    06-16-10 11:01 AM
    [QUOTE=xamdam;2628498]its a NON OEM battery and i personally would never buy such a thing for my BB as i respect my phone and would never have any foreign crap in it.

Not sure where you think your phone parts and your OEM battery are made but its not the good'ol USA.
    06-16-10 11:11 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD