I'm very interested in this charging/docking station:

http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content

It looks very convenient and has received great reviews.

However, I'm a little concerned about overcharging my Curve using it.

Does anyone use this type of station and leave their Curve docked while they are at their desk? I would love to just pop the BB onto this pod and leave it there the entire time I am at my desk at work but wouldn't that overcharge the Curve?
    08-12-08 06:23 AM
    Your Curve's lithium ion battery can not be over charged.
    08-12-08 06:27 AM
    It's more than safe - it's designed to work with your handset - and your handset, FYI, has built-in protection against overcharging (within limits - I don't suggest hooking the charging contacts to your local high voltage line, for example).
    08-12-08 07:01 AM
    even with that said, it can only handle said volts that the main charger has anyways....
    08-12-08 07:03 AM
    It is the battery's integrated micro chip that prevents the over charging.
    08-12-08 07:11 AM
    I have it and I love it.
    08-12-08 07:14 AM
    And yes, it is designed to work like that - pop in your handset when you get to work, let it sit there until you're ready to leave, and take it away with a full charge.
    08-12-08 07:17 AM
    Have no fear - Underdog is here....
    OK, its early and Im bored at work.
    Your Curve will NOT overcharge!! The great part about these chargers is the fact that you put less wear and tear on the USB port. Just drop that baby in one of these chargers and you're good to go.

I have them all over the place for my Pearl- didnt know I was going to switch to a Curve so soon so now I have to get these.

I'm very interested in this charging/docking station:

http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content

It looks very convenient and has received great reviews.

However, I'm a little concerned about overcharging my Curve using it.

Does anyone use this type of station and leave their Curve docked while they are at their desk? I would love to just pop the BB onto this pod and leave it there the entire time I am at my desk at work but wouldn't that overcharge the Curve?
    08-12-08 07:22 AM
    The charging pods are amazing!!

So simple, but they get the job done... and they save your USB port on your Berry.
    08-12-08 07:30 AM
    OK Pod fans, I'm convinced I need to get one, but I've got one last question. I use the Seidio Rubberized Hardcase (which I think is the best accessory that exists for the BB, it has saved mine on numerous occasions).

Can the BB still mount properly into the Pod with this case still on?

Please say yes, if so then I am definitely ordering one immediately.
    08-12-08 07:35 AM
    OK Pod fans, I'm convinced I need to get one, but I've got one last question. I use the Seidio Rubberized Hardcase (which I think is the best accessory that exists for the BB, it has saved mine on numerous occasions).

Can the BB still mount properly into the Pod with this case still on?

Please say yes, if so then I am definitely ordering one immediately.
    No, it definitely will not

The fit in the charging pod works only with a 'naked' Berry or a BSE or InvisibleShield on.

Check Seidio's site if you want charging solutions that work with their Rubberized Hard Case, and the likes.
    08-12-08 07:37 AM
    Thanks for the quick response bmcclure937. I found the following at seidioonline which looks like it will do the exact same thing but will will work with their hard case:

https://www.seidioonline.com/Product...DSITFBB8300-BK
    08-12-08 07:50 AM
    Thanks for the quick response bmcclure937. I found the following at seidioonline which looks like it will do the exact same thing but will will work with their hard case:

https://www.seidioonline.com/Product...DSITFBB8300-BK
    Yeah... that is what you would need.

Glad I could help ya out and enjoy the charging station
    08-12-08 07:53 AM
    I think my pod got delivered yesterday! I need to go down to the office and pick it up. Really anxious to start using it too, since it will lessen my usage of the USB port (this is my 2nd phone. The first had a bad USB port so I'm trying to be as careful as possible)
    08-12-08 07:54 AM
    i just got mine in the mail the other day. Looks very nice and will not overcharge your berr.
    08-12-08 08:05 AM
    I just ordered a hard case and a couple of those Seidio pods. Hope they work.
    08-12-08 10:29 AM
    I think my pod got delivered yesterday! I need to go down to the office and pick it up. Really anxious to start using it too, since it will lessen my usage of the USB port (this is my 2nd phone. The first had a bad USB port so I'm trying to be as careful as possible)
    Jackie - you take a nice picture - but how come there's nothing about the Browns in the background?
    08-12-08 01:46 PM
    Just received the pod and I think I have just discovered (how stupid of me) that this thing can only be used for charging? It doesn't connect for syncing? I feel like an ***** here, but are the charging contacts on the back of the Curve just for charging and not for syncing (hence the name "charging contacts")???
    08-17-08 03:14 PM
    I have one for my 8830 but not my Curve. I still use the additional charger on the pod because it's still the same type of battery for the most part. I don't get the liberty to use the pod anymore since I always have one battery charging while using the other in my Berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 03:28 PM
    Just received the pod and I think I have just discovered (how stupid of me) that this thing can only be used for charging? It doesn't connect for syncing? I feel like an ***** here, but are the charging contacts on the back of the Curve just for charging and not for syncing (hence the name "charging contacts")???
    You are NOT that stupid! Just plug your USB cord into the side of the Curve while charging and it will sync just fine. See, now wasn't that easy?!
    09-12-08 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD