View Poll Results: What type of charger do you use?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cable connected to the BlackBerry.

6 40.00%
  • Charging Pod

9 60.00%
  • Other, not listed

0 0%
    I normally don't have a case of any sort on my device. But, unpon release of the Seido Innocase 360 II, I got one for my BOLD. And, in doing so, I've put my charging pod to the side, and thus I now plug the cable into the side of the BOLD to charge it.

What I've noticed is this:

1. When charging via the pod, it charges quicker, and I believe thus loses power/charge quicker, too...

2. When charging via the cable, it takes a lot longer, and appears to last longer.

What I want to know is this, is it just me, or has anyone else noticed the same thing?

Something tells me, via the cable, it trickle charges. Whereas via the charging pod, it doesn't. Share your views...
    06-11-09 06:16 PM
    Buying the charging pod for my Bold was the worst $11 I've ever spent. I may
    just give it to someone.

Since I charge my phone overnight through the wall adapter I don't really
    know the difference from a full charge of that or the pod.
    06-11-09 06:52 PM
    For the Curve I mostly use the pod. I have one at home, work
    and my parents home in NJ.

For the Bold it's always via the USB cable. I haven't really paid
    attention to the charging time or which, if either, lasts longer but
    my curiosity is piqued.
    06-11-09 07:01 PM
    OP: by cable I assume you mean computer USB and not the 120v wall charger.

I've tried both and haven't noticed any difference between the two as far as the battery discharging quicker when using the wall charger. The computer USB does appear to take longer to charge. Since I use my storm as a bedside clock, it's always in the charging pod overnight for me.
    06-11-09 07:28 PM
    Wall adapter. I have no real need for a pod.
    06-11-09 07:39 PM
    I normally don't have a case of any sort on my device. But, unpon release of the Seido Innocase 360 II, I got one for my BOLD. And, in doing so, I've put my charging pod to the side, and thus I now plug the cable into the side of the BOLD to charge it.

What I've noticed is this:

1. When charging via the pod, it charges quicker, and I believe thus loses power/charge quicker, too...

2. When charging via the cable, it takes a lot longer, and appears to last longer.

What I want to know is this, is it just me, or has anyone else noticed the same thing?

Something tells me, via the cable, it trickle charges. Whereas via the charging pod, it doesn't. Share your views...
    I have not found any difference in charging it by the pod or the USB. But then, I stopped using the USB a long time ago when I got my pods. So maybe my memory isn't clear.

Love my charging pods and couldn't go back to the cable.
    06-11-09 08:37 PM
    Have pods for both BlackBerry's and love them, so much easier than wires, but then i run my BB naked with only screen protection.
    06-11-09 08:45 PM
    After bricking my last Blackberry due to broken pins on the USB socket, my new Blackberry gets charged in the pod.
    06-11-09 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD