I just got two charging pods (for the wife and I) but she lost her wall-adapter a few days ago. So I'm thinking that's not a problem, I can hook up one of them to my computer via the USB data cable, and all should be good.

I noticed one behavioral difference though, and I wonder if this is normal: on her pod (plugged into the computer via usb) the Tour will vibrate twice quickly when it is put in place, and this does not happen with my pod (plugged in to the wall). I've switched pods, and it is always the one plugged into the computer that vibrates.

If this is normal, that's cool, but I just wanted to be sure that this wasn't some kind of warning that the charge from USB isn't sufficient or some other problem.

Thanks!
    12-27-09 12:22 PM
    I plugged my pod to my usb cable and dropped the tour in. Mine does not vibrate. What happens if you plug her phone or your phone in usb bypassing the pod?
    12-27-09 12:29 PM
    Same for both: the Tour pops up the normal question of if I want to enable Mass Storage Mode, and functions as expected. It does seem as if it is charging correctly. (both with the pod and direct USB).
    12-27-09 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD