Is one faster at charging than the other?
    05-30-10 05:25 AM
    Both charge at the same speed. Charging with usb cable will be slower.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-10 05:47 AM
    They should be the same speed. but if you connect it to your usb port instead of the outlet, it'll still charge, but a lot slower. In fact, I've connected it to the usb port and used my device non stop and actually saw battery life fall. Usb is best for syncing. Not for charging .

05-30-10 06:51 AM
    Have a look at this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/bo...charge-369832/ Read my post #15 where I explain the whole thing.
    05-30-10 07:35 AM
    If you plug your ac charger into your phone-- or plug it into the base and have the phone sit on the base....it's the same charger charging. The base isn't a charger-- it's just somewhere for the phone to sit.

05-30-10 08:00 AM
    That is exactly right. The charging cradle just eliminates using the horrid fragile little micro-USB port.

The charge cycle will be completed just as fast PROVIDED you use the genuine BlackBerry wall charger for both cradle and USB port charging.
    05-30-10 08:18 AM
    USB charging gives you a whopping 100ma of charging power. The average wall charger delivers 700ma, and most car chargers deliver around 250ma. BlackBerry wall chargers use the 700ma standard.

05-30-10 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD