alright so i bought a charging pod a few hours ago and now i'm using it for the first time. is there a way where i can turn off the light on it? if not, is it safe to keep it plugged in?
    09-11-09 12:01 AM
    Not sure which pod you've got but my Seidio stays plugged in 24/7 and the light is always on. Probably ups my electric bill a wee bit.
    09-11-09 12:05 AM
    The light is an LED, it doesn't use much power, or generate much heat. There is no way to turn it off except unplugging it when not in use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 12:21 AM
    so its safe to leave it plugged in? and by safe i mean i won't have to buy another charging pod a month down the road?
    09-11-09 12:35 AM
    so its safe to leave it plugged in? and by safe i mean i won't have to buy another charging pod a month down the road?
    I can just speak for myself and say that I have had no problem leaving my dock plugged in 24/7 but you might check with the maker of your product.
    09-11-09 12:39 AM
    I covered my light b/c it was too bright at night. lol. I leave mine plugged in 24/7 covered, and it's been working fine for the past 2 months...
    09-11-09 07:03 AM
    A good charging pod is designed so that you can leave your phone in it all day without damaging the phone or the battery, so it would be quite stupid if leaving it plugged in without the phone would damage the pod itself. And if it did, I would demand my money back.
    09-11-09 01:46 PM
    I've had my charging pod for over 6 months & it's constantly plugged in, never had a problem with it at all. I wouldn't worry about leaving yours plugged it, I mean I'm pretty sure when designed, they planned for these to be plugged in constantly.
    09-12-09 09:25 AM
    You're not gonna need to worry about it, the LED draws miniscule power and doesn't heat up to damage anything. It'll be fine. Enjoy the pod!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD