Anyone try double charging it? Think it's safe?

If you've tried, does it charge faster?

Right now I have the wall charger to power the charging pod and also the usb cable from my PC charging the phone.
    12-28-08 02:08 AM
    I don't expect it to charge significantly faster because circuits in the phone and battery should still control charge rate, which will be designed around the standard 500mA charger. It is likely only one of the power sources will actually be supplying current.

Ideally if you want to do dual supply you would have blocking diodes at both inputs to the pod, so they are protected from the other input feeding back into a power source. However this would also need to compensate with a different input voltage because a typical diode will drop up to 0.6v when it passes forward current. That tells me you don't have diode protected inputs on the pod.

If there is no blocking your charge rate will probably be lower because the higher voltage output will be partly diverted and try to "charge" the lower voltage supply up to the higher voltage. This will waste power, generate heat, and Bad Things could happen to the equipment.
    12-28-08 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD