I broke the usb charging port about a month ago so was unable to charge my blackberry. So I bought another battery and a battery charger and have just been switching out the battery. I heard about the charging pod and bought one. Well it isn't working either. I thought maybe the pod was broken, but I put my husband's curve on there and it charged it. I even traded batteries with him just to make sure it wasn't the battery and his still charged.

Also, I have had this phone for a year 1/2 so there is no warranty. I got the phone from AT&T and they told me I couldn't get insurance, so I have no insurance.

Any ideas on why it isn't charging? Thank you!
    03-23-09 06:01 PM
    Maybe the metal plates are broken on the back. Sorry :/
    03-23-09 06:35 PM
    Thanks! I was hoping that wasn't the case, but I figured it was something like that. Oh well. At least in June I can get me a new one.
    03-24-09 10:56 AM
    Make sure the gold plates beside the button to release the battery cover are clean. You can clean them with a little rubbing alcohol and a firm cotton swab.
    Make sure that the contacts in the cradle are connecting with the plates. I know that with my Pearl (haven't used a cradle for my Curve yet) the cradle had a tendancy to spring the device forward, losing the contact with those plates.)

If these are both fine, you may need to bite the bullet and have your device repaired/replaced, or just keep swapping in charged batteries.
    03-24-09 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD