I have purchased the Charging Pod for the Bold. It is the best acessory that I have ever bought. I liked it so much that I bought a second one. I have a car charger in my car and I can plug the Charging Pod in and put my phone in it while I use the GPS on my phone. It hold my phone in a upright position making it easy to see. I can see it and charge it at the same time. Using the GPS uses the battery up quickly, so this is a great solution.
    01-22-09 10:14 PM
    thats a pretty good idea
    01-22-09 10:47 PM
    That is. How do you have it set up in the car?
    01-22-09 10:49 PM
    I had contemplated this setup, but the charging pod doesn't really secure the Bold very well, as far as driving goes, IMO.
    ProclipUSA makes the best vehicle BlackBerry mounts, as far as i'm concerned. I was thinking that if I had some spare time soon I might try to integrate the OEM charging pod into their fantastic Bold vehicle holder. Another mod project that might or might not happen.
    01-23-09 12:38 AM
    clever idea man
    01-23-09 03:28 AM
    I connect the car charger to my cigarette lighter and then plug it in the back of the pod. The only thing that you can do if you want to be able to see the maps all of the time is to:

Go into Alarm Clock
    Hit the menu key
    Choose Options
    Scroll down to "When Charging"
    Choose "Do Nothing"
    Hit Menu key

This will make it not go to the automatic clock mode when it is charging.

But if you don't want to do this it still works, you can hear all of the turns and if you need to see it just take it out of the charging pod and it will light right up.

Either way I think it works pretty good!

Good Luck
    01-23-09 09:33 PM