I searched but didn't find an answer.

I just bought a new charging pod thinking I could just drop it in the pod and sync it up to my pc, but that doesn't work.

On shopblackberry.com they even say:
    "Plug a USB cable into the port on your device, and you can sync up your data with your PC, even while the device charges."

But then it says:
    "∗ Some features not available with all BlackBerry smartphones, and may require a minimum version of software."

Any idea if this is possible because just charging the phone doesn't do anything for me, I need to sync quite often. I'm running OS 4.5.

On amazon's site it also says it will sync. On crackberry.com it only says it will charge the phone.

Anyone been through this? I'd rather get my $20~ back than keep it just to charge.
    07-20-08 10:49 AM
    They have to mean that you can sync through Bluetooth while docked since the base is nothing but a charger. I hate that I didn't really think it through until now.

Guess I will just have to find my Bluetooth adapter and use it that way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-08 10:55 PM
    Those gold contacts on the back of the phone are for charging purposes only. You still have to plug the device in via USB to sync data. What they meant is that you can leave it in the pod while it is charging, and connect a USB cable to it to transfer data simultaneously.
    07-20-08 11:19 PM
    I searched but didn't find an answer.

On shopblackberry.com they even say:
    "Plug a USB cable into the port on your device, and you can sync up your data with your PC, even while the device charges."

Yes, it says to plug in the USB and sync up.

The CHARGING POD's name tells ou exactly what it does. It's NOT called a CHARGE N' SYNC POD.

Not trying to be an a$$, but when I bought my charging pod I knew by the name that it's not for syncing.
    07-20-08 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD