So I got a new TMobile 8900 on opening day last week and absolutely LOVE it to death! The only problem I have is that sometimes when I put it in the charging pod next to my bed or take it off the charging pod, it causes an error and it restarts itself. At first I thought it might be an OS thing and I upgraded to .133 (with .114 radio) but sadly it has still happened a few times... in fact it's happenning as I write this :-(

I really don't want to have to take it back but it sounds like I might have to! When it happened the first time it gave a # after the error but now it just restarts and no error message pops up. Any ideas?
    02-16-09 07:00 PM
    I use the charging pod every night and I have not encountered this at all. Not one time. Perhaps it is a 3rd party application and/or theme issue on your device?
    02-16-09 07:08 PM
    I use the standard TMo theme, and it actually happened once or twice before I added any additional apps (plus the only ones I put on were gmail, google maps, and viigo)....
    02-16-09 07:10 PM
    I have google maps and viigo amoung other 3rd party applications but I don't get that on my phone at all. Not sure. Maybe its the hybrid OS? I am running .152 right now but I didn't get this in any of the OS I have tried.
    02-16-09 07:12 PM
    It happened before I moved to the new OS... That was one of the reasons I did it bc I was hoping it was an OS issue and not a hardware/other issue....

The main reason I'm bringing this all up is because I dont want to put my screen protector on and have to return the phone in the next day or two and get a new one :-( PLUS I dont want to have to cut my box up to send in my rebate and have to turn it back in
    02-16-09 07:14 PM
    Maybe it's not a charging pod bug to begin with??? Maybe it has been restarting a few times throughout the day but I never catch it since it's in my pocket? It's just weird since it's restarted twice now in the past 15min that this post has been going on and it has been out of the charger the entire time....
    02-16-09 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD