01-31-09 02:33 PM
82 1234
tools
    Yes, it should. Test it out tonight at 11 and let us know.

It doesn't really shut it off. more like hibernate in a computer.
    Will Do!!!!
    12-20-08 07:52 PM
    Just got my docking station pod and it is wonderful! Bedside mode FTW

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 08:57 PM
    The damn thing looks beautiful in it!

12-26-08 06:02 PM
    I see you kept the wrapper on...
    12-26-08 06:20 PM
    If only you could set more than one alarm...

And Smart Alarms Pro isn't compatible with the Bold yet...

Grr...
    Ditto! Seems like such an easy feature for RIM to add.

I think am going to get one of these docks, I'm going to price it now.
    Thanks for the pic Manav
    12-26-08 07:21 PM
    I see you kept the wrapper on...
    What's wrong with keeping your pod protected Jay?
    12-26-08 07:26 PM
    I just bought a Charging Pod and I have to tell you I absolutly LOVE it. It is the best accessory that I have bought yet. It is so easy to set up and I just put the phone in the holder and it charges. The bedside mode is great it is like having a alarm clock. I love it so much that I am thinking of getting another one for the office to use as a clock on my desk. I highly recomend it.
    Kathy5508
    12-28-08 08:11 PM
    The very first thing i bought for my Bold was the chrome charging dock, its not really chrome though...more of a matte silver but its the official RIM one...cost me about 20 with delivery. Second thing i bought for my Bold is the Jawbone 2 headset but not so impressed with that to be honest.

Absolutely love it, the dock that is and i love the bedside mode as well. But i have my Bold turn off at a certain time and turn on at a certain time. The only thing that i dont like is the charging LED that lights up when the Bold is in the dock and is off....is there any way to turn that LED off whilst off and in the dock??.
    I had the same problem. What I found was If the power is turned off the yellow light will flash. So your fix is to disable the auto on/off function.
    By leaving the bold on 24/7 it will go into bedside mode and the light won't flash.

If you have the bold charging its not a problem to have it on all night, so you don't need the auto on/off.

12-29-08 06:52 AM
    I had the same problem. What I found was If the power is turned off the yellow light will flash. So your fix is to disable the auto on/off function.
    By leaving the bold on 24/7 it will go into bedside mode and the light won't flash.

If you have the bold charging its not a problem to have it on all night, so you don't need the auto on/off.

Thanks man, yeh ive had to disable the auto on/off bit. I guess keeping the Bold in the dock isnt going to damage the battery?? ie keeping it charging all night etc??.

Still loving the charging pod...its just so nice looking.
    12-29-08 07:06 AM
    Leaving it on the charger will not harm the battery.

12-29-08 10:23 AM
    I picked up a simple black business card holder at an office supply store. It's not as slick as the cradle but it holds the phone at a decent angle for bedside mode and I just plug in the cable.

It was like $4. If I didn't have the rubber case on, I'd probably get the cradle.
    12-29-08 11:10 AM
    Got a charging pod the same day I got my Bold last week. The price from Newegg.com was so good, I picked up two. One for my desk at the office and another for bedside at home.

It would be really slick if there were a way to establish different charging profiles for the Bold. So that at certain hours, say, after 11:00PM for example, placing the Bold into the charging pod/cradle would also put the handset into Bedside Mode. Whereas, when placing the Bold into the charging pod/cradle at the office (between say, 8:00AM and 7:00PM, for example) the handset would remain in "None" status and remain fully operational.

Also such profiles could be aware of the side USB plug. So, if the unit were charged during the day via a car charger cord, battery pack, or PC connected via the side USB plug, it would not go into Bedside Mode.

Hey RIM are you listening!! These would be a really slick features.
    12-30-08 12:10 AM
    I got mine yesterday, I love it already!!
    Although having the led on the dock itself seems pointless.
    $16. on ebay with free shipping.. A must have for Bold owners!
    12-31-08 07:53 AM
    I got mine yesterday, I love it already!!
    Although having the led on the dock itself seems pointless.
    <snip>A must have for Bold owners!
    Certainly helps find the dock in an otherwise dark room!!
    12-31-08 05:21 PM
    I just wish I did not have to take the skin off to use it.
    12-31-08 05:51 PM
    I just wish I did not have to take the skin off to use it.
    Which skin do you use? Is it easy to come off or a hassle?
    12-31-08 10:41 PM

awesome! did u purchase the Pod with the travel charger ? or did u just purchased the pod
    01-01-09 02:42 AM
    my charging pod is a oem charging bundle #31091bbr it comes with the power cable. the only thing that i don't like about the pod is the light staying on all the time i wish that it would go out when the phone is not in the pod.
    01-01-09 05:19 AM
    These look good - have just discovered the delights of bedside mode on the bold and this would be very useful.
    Is the led pointed in the same direction as the bb screen? How bright is it? One of the things I like about bedside mode is the charging led is disabled - don't want another led to replace it!

01-01-09 07:23 AM
  20. KevinM
    Agreed, the dock plus bedside mode FTW!
    01-01-09 11:51 AM
    Keirk you cannot see the docks led If your bold is docked. The led is a soft white light not too bright and is located in the back. .

01-01-09 12:48 PM
    Keirk you cannot see the docks led If your bold is docked. The led is a soft white light not too bright and is located in the back. .

Thanks Teek, now I just need to persuade my wife that it would be just the thing for the bedroom, bearing in mind she's none too keen on the bold as it is...

01-01-09 02:22 PM

It would look even better without the shipping plastic on it
    01-01-09 03:07 PM
    here is one without the plastic!
    i got the cradle when i got my bold and i couldn't live without it. i just wish that there was a way to leave the screen on the home screen image while it was in there instead of the clock but when it was taken out of the cradle it would go back to a 30 sec display. oh and btw i got it on amazon for 17 bucks shipped and i received it in 3 days with a holiday in there.
    01-02-09 02:43 PM
    It would be really slick if there were a way to establish different charging profiles for the Bold. So that at certain hours, say, after 11:00PM for example, placing the Bold into the charging pod/cradle would also put the handset into Bedside Mode. Whereas, when placing the Bold into the charging pod/cradle at the office (between say, 8:00AM and 7:00PM, for example) the handset would remain in "None" status and remain fully operational.
    Read up on the auto off auto on functions. That or set up bedside and use the back button when you plug in at work. Should work, never tried it.
    01-02-09 02:49 PM
82 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD