I have a question, I finally have my 8900 coming monday after hassling with Tmobile CS. I really want to get a charging pod for my new 8900 but I noticed the ones here on crackberry dont sync, is this normal for the pods or are there pods you can use to sync as well?
    01-24-09 03:39 PM
    That is normal.
    01-24-09 03:40 PM
    on BlackBerry's website it says it does SYNC, so I don't know to be honest with you. I'd like to know the answer also.
    01-24-09 03:44 PM
    The charging contacts on the cradle just charge, they do not sync (its like a cordless phone charging base for a landline). I think it may be possible to plug a USB cable directly into the phone and sync while on the cradle but I am not sure. I will give it a try next week when my cradle comes in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 04:08 PM
    The charging contacts on the cradle just charge, they do not sync (its like a cordless phone charging base for a landline). I think it may be possible to plug a USB cable directly into the phone and sync while on the cradle but I am not sure. I will give it a try next week when my cradle comes in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That is correct. Rather than plugging your charger into the back of it, you put your sync cable into the back.
    01-24-09 04:15 PM
    Sorry brother, I just tried this myself (I have both the new pod and 8900) and it DOES NOT sync.

If you're dead set on it syncing you could always setup bluetooth sync.
    01-24-09 04:25 PM
    That is correct. Rather than plugging your charger into the back of it, you put your sync cable into the back.
    I don't see how these pods can sync since the way the phone connects to the pod is by the metal tabs on the back side, which means it should only be able to charge. Also, on the blackberry website it says you can use the phone while in the dock, wouldn't the microphone be covered up since it is on the bottom side?
    01-29-09 05:02 AM
    I don't see how these pods can sync since the way the phone connects to the pod is by the metal tabs on the back side, which means it should only be able to charge. Also, on the blackberry website it says you can use the phone while in the dock, wouldn't the microphone be covered up since it is on the bottom side?

-agree, no doubt about it by looking at how it connects the phone

-wired headset or bt headset

-i got it and the only thing i dun like is the bb logo doesnt light up
    01-29-09 07:07 AM
    I was able to use okay when it was in the cradle, but I was using my BT.

Even though it doesn't sync it's still a nifty charging pod. I hate microUSBs and I don't like the one on the 8900...I'm so worried of it breaking.
    01-29-09 09:21 AM
    Few things. I tested out my charging pod and as Foolo said, the Blackberry logo on the front doesn't light up so that kinda a bummer. Aside from that you CAN indeed sync while in the cradle but the only way to do so is to have your wall charger going into the back of the cradle and then a USB cable plugged into the phone's Micro-USB port and then to a computer. In other words, the normal sync method will work regardless if you are plugged into the cradle or not.

The charging contacts on the back of the phone are just that, charging contacts. The will not sync the phone on their own, you will still need an additional data cable connection for this.
    01-29-09 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD