Anyone know if anyone is selling these yet? I did a quick search (im at work)and didnt find any...so i figured i would ask the experts !
    01-12-10 11:47 AM
    There are stands for it and some stands that have a built in usb port on the side.

There aren't any charging pods like what's out there for the other phones with the connectors on the bottom of the phone.
    01-12-10 12:00 PM
    thanks Nalinith ! -- hopefully they will come out with one soon !
    01-12-10 02:54 PM
    thanks Nalinith ! -- hopefully they will come out with one soon !
    They can't as the older phones had the contacts on the BOTTOM of the phone. The new cradles will have a microUSB connector built into the side and you will slide your Curve in left to right to get it to connect. This type of stand is already available though I don't recall who is actually marketing it.
    01-12-10 10:45 PM
    I'm supposed to get the 8530 as an upgrade for my work 8330. It stinks that they removed the external contacts for charging, just a lot easier to drop in the cradle then to line up and set a plug each time!

Interesting that the "higher end" models (ie 9700 that I have for personal use) still have external contacts for charging pods.
    01-17-10 11:02 AM
    I'm supposed to get the 8530 as an upgrade for my work 8330. It stinks that they removed the external contacts for charging, just a lot easier to drop in the cradle then to line up and set a plug each time!

Interesting that the "higher end" models (ie 9700 that I have for personal use) still have external contacts for charging pods.
    So why not just use the 9700 for both work and personal? That is what I do. Our company is still using the 83xx series so I upgraded to the 8520 on my own, put the sim card in the new phone, then synced with BES at work and it is great. I only have to carry one phone, they own the plan and I own the phone.
    01-17-10 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD