I purchased 2 charging pods for my tour from Newegg for $10.00/pod. I plugged the micro USB into the back of the pods for about a week and noticed my battery drained quicker throughout the day than plugging it directly into my tour. So now I put my tour in the pod and plug the microUSB into the tour not the pod.

What has been your experience?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-10 09:39 PM
    Have had no issue like that. I also use the charging pod and have had no problems with it.
    01-16-10 09:42 PM
    i as well use the charging pod one at home and one at work and i have no problems with them at all. i got mine of amazon
    01-16-10 11:25 PM
    I've used the OEM pod since the day I bought my Tour and had no issues what so ever. The charging rate should be the same if you use the pod or direct connection. Hope you figure out what's going on...if your battery shows 100% with the pod..there's not much else you can ask for.
    01-16-10 11:28 PM
    No issues here either. I've been using the OE charging cradle for a few weeks now on both a VZ and a Sprint 9630 with no problems.
    01-16-10 11:29 PM
    charging pod=awesome. I havnt noticed any difference in the charging since i got it compared to the cord
    01-17-10 12:28 AM
    The only thing it could be is your connections in the back of the phone aren't making good contact. Make sure both the phone and pod connection points are clean. Try rubbing an eraser on each metal contact and that should clean them.
    01-17-10 01:01 AM
    I have never had any issues with my pod. I love it. Strange that your BB would be having those issues. I agree with leesrt, check your connections.
    01-17-10 02:29 AM
    The problem with this is there are hundreds of variables and battery drain can be very subjective. The original post was not actually about charging time, as the rest of the thread would suggest, but about discharge time based on the charging method, ie using the pod or pluged directly in. The question is did you use your phone the exact same way with each charging method? Phone kept in the same spot, same amount of talk time/email/bbms/texts/web? Was the weather the exact same? Did the memory usage stay the same? Exactly how much different was the discharge time?

IMO, a full charge is a full charge, regardless of how you get there. So under the exact same conditions (which will never happen) the discharge rates should be similar.
    01-18-10 08:15 AM
    I bought a charging dock and always charge through the dock connector. The battery has in no way been different at all or shorter for me.
    01-18-10 02:47 PM
    I bought a charging dock and always charge through the dock connector. The battery has in no way been different at all or shorter for me.

Same with me, i use it all the time...no difference.
    01-18-10 03:34 PM
    My charging pod as given me no trouble what so ever.
    01-18-10 05:45 PM