just wondering, i'm getting ready to order the charging pod for my curve and i was wondering if anyone has been able to sync it w/ their desktop/laptops at all.

meaning once you sat the blackberry in the pod, could u exchange the ac adapter from the wall outlet to your pc. so basically instead of pluging it into the wall, you could plug it into your laptop/desktop and still use the phone as a modem or sync etc?

just curious.....
    03-07-08 08:25 AM
    I'm having the same problem. I can't seem to sync it. I thought maybe there was a setting for it on the phone but couldn't fine anything. On top of that, the instructions provided with the product was kinda shy on the description....sigh.

Thanks!
    03-08-08 10:41 PM
    I don't think the charging pod was meant to sync with your computer. It connects to the leads on the base of the battery cover (the two bronze squares) and I think they're meant for charging the battery only. If you want to sync to your computer, you can simply unplug the cord from the charger and plug it into the miniUSB jack on the phone and leave it on the charging pod. It only takes 2 seconds...
    03-09-08 12:41 AM
    I don't think the charging pod was meant to sync with your computer. It connects to the leads on the base of the battery cover (the two bronze squares) and I think they're meant for charging the battery only. If you want to sync to your computer, you can simply unplug the cord from the charger and plug it into the miniUSB jack on the phone and leave it on the charging pod. It only takes 2 seconds...
    yea i figured this out after taking sometime to read up on the pod but i didn't bother to return to the thread since no one had even bothered to respond untill now. but the instruction say that you should use the usb cable for the computer to sync while charging.
    03-09-08 04:48 AM
    It says all over the advertisements and the product description that you can use either plugs and that you can sync using the USB one.

Were you able to Sync with the computer MUU?
    03-09-08 11:31 PM
    yea i figured this out after taking sometime to read up on the pod but i didn't bother to return to the thread since no one had even bothered to respond untill now. but the instruction say that you should use the usb cable for the computer to sync while charging.
    This charging pod only functions as a charger and display. No synchronization capability.
    03-12-08 12:39 AM
    Redoc,

I haven't had the opportunity to try, the pod should be arriving today via ups.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-08 02:38 AM
    so my pod has arrived today via ups and i must say, i'd rather sit my bb in the pod then rather have it laying down. i'm going to order another one for work, why aren't these being sold @ local stores.........
    03-12-08 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD