02-24-09 08:59 AM
58 123
tools
    I oredered a charging pod from Amazon last week. I was surprised to have recieved shipping info with a tracking number in the same day, but to this day I get the following message when I look up my tracking info. Would this mean my package really hasn't left the store?

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on February 5, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

It's been this way since the 5th, and was supposed to have been shipped by the 9th according to the e-mail I received. Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by The_Shawn; 02-11-09 at 05:44 PM.
    02-11-09 01:26 PM
    Am I correct in my assumption, having read my previous post, that my pod is not on it's way to me yet?
    02-11-09 11:10 PM
    My experience has been that the USPS doesn't update anything after the initial "electronic notification" mssg until you recieve the package, unlike UPS or Fedex. I'm sure it is on the way. I'm a fan of Amazon, they have been great since the turn of the century with all my orders.

I suppose it is also possible that Canadian customs could present an additional delay.
    02-11-09 11:25 PM
    I have two of these for my 8220. The charging pod is SO convenient! Just drop it in there - no messing with cables or connectors and the bedside mode is tremendous. My wife has one for the 8120 and on hers the blackberry logo stays lit on the front - the pod for the 8220 doesn't seem to do this though...
    I got mine from newegg and my BB logo doesn't light up... DO you think its defective?
    02-12-09 12:21 AM
    I got mine from newegg and my BB logo doesn't light up... DO you think its defective?
    yes, from I have heard, the logo is supposed to light up white when you plug it in. I'd exchange it, if it's not too much of a hassle. I would expect nothing less then a properly working pod from a site as large as newegg.com.
    Last edited by The_Shawn; 02-12-09 at 12:46 AM.
    02-12-09 12:40 AM
    My experience has been that the USPS doesn't update anything after the initial "electronic notification" mssg until you recieve the package, unlike UPS or Fedex. I'm sure it is on the way. I'm a fan of Amazon, they have been great since the turn of the century with all my orders.

I suppose it is also possible that Canadian customs could present an additional delay.
    ah, ok, I don't have much experience with the USPS, thanks for your input I'm sure customs will cause a delay as well.
    02-12-09 12:41 AM
    yes, from I have heard, the logo is supposed to light up white when you plug it in. I'd exchange it, if it's not too much of a hassle. I would expect nothing less then a properly working pod from a site as large as newegg.com.
    I might call RIM to see if they'll replace it then.
    02-12-09 12:46 AM
    I might call RIM to see if they'll replace it then.
    you might have to go through newegg first. or you may find it easier, since you bought the pod from them in the first place, but who ever knows. please let me know how it works out, hopefully I won't need the info, but one never knows.
    Last edited by The_Shawn; 02-12-09 at 12:59 AM.
    02-12-09 12:48 AM
    Damn, I received my pod in the mail today, and a light comes on in the back, but the blackberry symbol in the from doesn't light up. What did you do with your pod that didn't light up properly Phoneking?
    02-12-09 01:54 PM
    Damn, I received my pod in the mail today, and a light comes on in the back, but the blackberry symbol in the from doesn't light up. What did you do with your pod that didn't light up properly Phoneking?
    It doesn't light up in the front. It is not broken. My previous Curve charging pod did light up, but I'm 99% sure this is not a defect in the Flip pod. I remember coming across several posts on boards regarding this, and none have a led in the front, just the logo.

I believe this is because you can now set the phone to remain lit (clock) while charging. This by itself tells you that the phone is charging, so no led is necessary.

My Curve required a 3rd party app to remain lit while charging.

I just dug out my Curve pod. If I rub my finger over the logo led, it is completely smooth. On the Flip pod, I can feel the logo, like it has been imprinted on top of the chrome.
    Last edited by galavanter; 02-12-09 at 02:04 PM.
    02-12-09 01:59 PM
    It doesn't light up in the front. It is not broken. My previous Curve charging pod did light up, but I'm 99% sure this is not a defect in the Flip pod. I remember coming across several posts on boards regarding this, and none have a led in the front, just the logo.

I believe this is because you can now set the phone to remain lit (clock) while charging. This by itself tells you that the phone is charging, so no led is necessary.

Yes, my phone will still go into bedside mode, but other posts in this thread make mention of the blackberry symbol being an led light.
    Last edited by The_Shawn; 02-12-09 at 02:08 PM. Reason: After looking closely, it's just a sticker in the front, the led light is in the back.
    02-12-09 02:05 PM
    Yes, my phone will still go into bedside mode, but other posts in this thread make mention of the blackberry symbol being an led light.
    That's why I'm posting, to correct the misinformation/misinterpretation. The Curve pod had led on front. The Flip pod doesn't.

If you haven't already done so, go into clock>options, and set When Charging to "display clock". This way you'll know.
    Last edited by galavanter; 02-12-09 at 02:17 PM.
    02-12-09 02:06 PM
    We found out recently from our customers that the light is not going on with these pods for the Blackberry Flip model. We have contacted Blackberry and they said that there was a defect so they need to change them all out with a newer batch.

This is out of the reply to my e-mail from the place I purchased my pod. So I guess it is supposed to be a light. We'll see when the new one comes in, and if it still doesn't light up then, I guess it's not supposed to.
    02-12-09 02:18 PM
    We found out recently from our customers that the light is not going on with these pods for the Blackberry Flip model. We have contacted Blackberry and they said that there was a defect so they need to change them all out with a newer batch.

This is out of the reply to my e-mail from the place I purchased my pod. So I guess it is supposed to be a light. We'll see when the new one comes in, and if it still doesn't light up then, I guess it's not supposed to.
    Looks like they are right and I am wrong. The description on Blackberry's own site says it lights up. MY misinformation, my apologies.

BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail
    02-12-09 02:38 PM
    Looks like they are right and I am wrong. The description on Blackberry's own site says it lights up. MY misinformation, my apologies.

You really had me questioning myself... lol... Thank you for your help!
    02-12-09 02:55 PM
    You really had me questioning myself... lol... Thank you for your help!
    There appears to be more to this. The Storm dock is also advertised on BB's own site to have a lighted led on the front.

However, if you go to here, you will not find anyone whose led lights up either.

http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content

There are no reviews for the Flip pod.

The product/model numbers on the back of my pod do not match any from Amazon (on my order) either...
    Last edited by galavanter; 02-12-09 at 03:43 PM.
    02-12-09 03:29 PM
    There appears to be more to this. The Storm dock is also advertised on BB's own site to have a lighted led on the front.

However, if you go to here, you will not find anyone whose led lights up either.

http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content

There are no reviews for the Flip pod.

The product/model numbers on the back of my pod do not match any from Amazon (on my order) either...
    By the look of the logo, it looks like a sticker on the front of the pod, and shouldn't light up at all. I am going by what Blackberry has written in the write up about this product, and what others have told me.

From what the e-mail I received from the place I purchased mine, it sounds like there was a mistake and they maybe put stickers on the front instead of the led?? I don't know this for sure, but when they get a new shipment in from Blackberry, they are going to send me a new one. I would just feel bad having a new one sent to me when the one I have is working as it should, and Blackberry made the mistake in their write up about the product.

If anyone else that currently has one of these pods can throw their two cents in, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by The_Shawn; 02-12-09 at 04:00 PM.
    02-12-09 03:57 PM
    I didn't do anything but plug it in and noticed that it didn't light up.

I even used the Blackberry OEM travel charger too.
    02-12-09 05:10 PM

I just dug out my Curve pod. If I rub my finger over the logo led, it is completely smooth. On the Flip pod, I can feel the logo, like it has been imprinted on top of the chrome.

Oh ok thanks galavanter... I was about to freak out for a moment. but that explains everything. My cradles for my 8100 and 8320 lit up, so I didn't understand why the one for the 8220 didn't.

But for future reference, if you look at the one on blackberry.com, it says it's supposed to light up to let you know when it was charging, and when it was fully charged. There were supposed to have 2 LED's in it.
    02-12-09 05:13 PM
    By the look of the logo, it looks like a sticker on the front of the pod, and shouldn't light up at all. I am going by what Blackberry has written in the write up about this product, and what others have told me.

From what the e-mail I received from the place I purchased mine, it sounds like there was a mistake and they maybe put stickers on the front instead of the led?? I don't know this for sure, but when they get a new shipment in from Blackberry, they are going to send me a new one. I would just feel bad having a new one sent to me when the one I have is working as it should, and Blackberry made the mistake in their write up about the product.

If anyone else that currently has one of these pods can throw their two cents in, it would be greatly appreciated.
    So should you call RIM or call the place where you got it?
    02-12-09 05:16 PM
    So should you call RIM or call the place where you got it?
    I dealt with the place where I bought it, they mentioned they had already dealt with Blackberry and found out there was a bad batch, and will trade me when the new batch com in from RIM.
    02-12-09 06:57 PM
    sounds like to call RIM directly.... Some places may or may not have heard that these are bad batches.

I emailed Kevin to see what his take is on it....
    02-12-09 07:58 PM
    sounds like to call RIM directly.... Some places may or may not have heard that these are bad batches.

I emailed Kevin to see what his take is on it....
    Oh, please do let me know his thoughts if you don't mind.
    02-12-09 08:12 PM
    Well I'll call newegg tomorrow to see what their take is, and I can't get it resolved I'll call RIM. Still haven't heard from Kevin yet..
    02-12-09 08:22 PM
    Well I'll call newegg tomorrow to see what their take is, and I can't get it resolved I'll call RIM. Still haven't heard from Kevin yet..
    Keep me posted.
    02-12-09 10:19 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD