02-24-09 07:59 AM
58 123
tools
    I'm curious to know, of the people that own the charging dock, your thoughts and impressions. Does the phone go into a time display mode or anything like that while in the dock? I'm on the fence about getting one. Thank you in advance.
    02-03-09 08:43 PM
    I just got mine today, and you can turn the clock of while charging. So far I like it.
    02-03-09 09:07 PM
    What a waste it actually connects to your pc but you can't upload/download/sync or/and backup your BB while it's connected.
    02-03-09 09:53 PM
    What a waste it actually connects to your pc but you can't upload/download/sync or/and backup your BB while it's connected.
    The pod is for charging *only*.
    02-03-09 09:55 PM
    Speaking of which does the Blackberry logo on the front light up when you plug it in? Mine doesn't.
    02-03-09 10:40 PM
    Maybe I'll wait for this to go on sale, or down in price. I can't justify spending so much on an item that isn't really required, i can just plug the cable into the phone to charge it. It is a good looking item though, I must admit.

I saw it on newegg.com for $10 U.S. dollars, but not on newegg.ca at all.... too bad for me I guess. I would have thought they'd offer us Canadians the same items as the U.S.
    02-03-09 10:41 PM
    Maybe I'll wait for this to go on sale, or down in price. I can't justify spending so much on an item that isn't really required, i can just plug the cable into the phone to charge it. It is a good looking item though, I must admit.

I saw it on newegg.com for $10 U.S. dollars, but not on newegg.ca at all.... too bad for me I guess. I would have thought they'd offer us Canadians the same items as the U.S.

Yeah that's where I got mine from. After shipping it was like $16 total.

ALOT cheaper from getting it directly from Blackberry or the Crackberry store.
    02-03-09 11:24 PM
    I think the charger's great. You can select the display and brightness yourself. It's even easier to set the 'berry on the charger than it is to plug it in...
    02-03-09 11:49 PM
    Yeah that's where I got mine from. After shipping it was like $16 total.

ALOT cheaper from getting it directly from Blackberry or the Crackberry store.
    The Crackberry store must not like shipping to Canada, cause they want over $30 for shipping on everything.... I can get cheaper shipping everywhere else, but to each their own. Too rich for my blood though.
    02-04-09 12:06 AM
    I think the charger's great. You can select the display and brightness yourself. It's even easier to set the 'berry on the charger than it is to plug it in...
    Now that makes me want it more again, these are the things I'd like to know of. How bright is the BlackBerry logo l.e.d., I'd probably keep it on my night table, and wouldn't want it to be too bright.
    02-04-09 12:08 AM
    The pod is for charging *only*.
    Which is as I'm guessing plugged in to your pc for charging.

You know another reason for plugging your device into your pc, uploading/downloading/sync or/and backing up. Now even though your device is regularly gonna be plugged in to your pc you still can't connect the two, why because you gotta take it out of it's dock then plug it back into the usb which is connected to the vary thing you just had it hooked up to, and btw it charges just the same as if it were back in it's dock.
    02-04-09 12:09 AM
    Which is as I'm guessing plugged in to your pc for charging.

You know another reason for plugging your device into your pc, uploading/downloading/sync or/and backing up. Now even though your device is regularly gonna be plugged in to your pc you still can't connect the two, why because you gotta take it out of it's dock then plug it back into the usb which is connected to the vary thing you just had it hooked up to, and btw it charges just the same as if it were back in it's dock.
    I'd suggest that you'd probably plug the pod into a receptacle, and the usb from the computer into the micro usb on the side of the phone.
    02-04-09 12:47 AM
    You can get them off ebay for roughly 14 bucks total, I actually have 3. 1 for by my computer at home, 1 for by my bed, and 1 for the office.

I had one of the candybar pearls, and eventually the the usb port on the phone got a little faulty, so I prefer to charge like this.
    02-04-09 01:09 AM
    Of course... I don't have it but when on dock if charging you can go into your clock options on the clock app and set to either show clock or the all so popular Bedside Mode which is clock dimmed out and also shuts of green blink as well as gives the option to turn off radio(signal) who knows why but all the options are there
    02-04-09 02:43 AM
    I had one of the candybar pearls, and eventually the the usb port on the phone got a little faulty, so I prefer to charge like this.
    This is what got me into the charging pods, a pin in my Curve's usb port broke and I couldn't charge the phone. Tmo hooked me up to get a new phone in a few days, but I needed to charge my phone in the meantime.

A rep suggested the pod, and the problem was solved. When I got the Flip I purchased another one.

I now use the charging pod in conjunction with the new "bedside mode" (as in turn off incoming calls) of OS 4.6. I have it set to keep the display lit while charging, and use the alarm to wake me every day. When I come home the first thing I do is take the Flip out of the case (or pocket) and plop it in the charger. Once a week when my reminder pops up from Markspace to sync I unplug the cable from the back of the pod and plug it into the Flip. 30 seconds and I plug it back in. Works great for me.
    02-04-09 08:58 AM
    Where is the best place to get one in Toronto, Canada, with reasonable shipping costs if online?
    02-04-09 04:16 PM
    Are you referring to the brightness on the phone or the LED's on the charger itself?
    02-04-09 04:41 PM
    Where is the best place to get one in Toronto, Canada, with reasonable shipping costs if online?
    Really? No one knows where i can get one of these for a reasonable price in Toronto?
    02-05-09 11:10 AM
    Really? No one knows where i can get one of these for a reasonable price in Toronto?
    Not quite 2 months ago I paid $25.00 US including shipping from Amazon.com. They are now as low as $8.00 US with $10.00 standard shipping to CA.

Amazon.com: Blackberry Pearl Flip 8220 Desktop Charging Cradle Pod [OEM] ASY-14396-006: Cell Phones & Service
    Last edited by galavanter; 02-05-09 at 11:27 AM.
    02-05-09 11:25 AM
    Not quite 2 months ago I paid $25.00 US including shipping from Amazon.com. They are now as low as $8.00 US with $10.00 standard shipping to CA.

Amazon.com: Blackberry Pearl Flip 8220 Desktop Charging Cradle Pod [OEM] ASY-14396-006: Cell Phones & Service
    Thank you!

I actually found one for $16 USD, including shipping, a lot cheaper then I had been finding any anywhere else, thanks again for the recommendation galavanter!
    Last edited by The_Shawn; 02-05-09 at 12:04 PM.
    02-05-09 11:42 AM
    $14 free shipping from fleabay... just make sure it's a trusted seller and an OEM/RIM part.

BTW. I really like mine.. bedside mode.
    02-06-09 12:39 AM
    bedside mode is great
    02-06-09 01:35 AM
    I have two of these for my 8220. The charging pod is SO convenient! Just drop it in there - no messing with cables or connectors and the bedside mode is tremendous. My wife has one for the 8120 and on hers the blackberry logo stays lit on the front - the pod for the 8220 doesn't seem to do this though...
    02-06-09 11:27 AM
    i am still learning but i had wondered how i could shut the green light off at nights without turning it off. thanks misfitpierce
    02-07-09 01:55 AM
    Menu > Options > Screen/Keyboard > LED Coverage Indicator {turn to off}
    02-07-09 12:04 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD