I just upgraded my Verizon Tour 9630 to OS 5.0.0.273 tonight, and when I put it into my charging cradle it didn't place the phone into bedtime mode or recognize there was a charge present. Has anyone else had this issue? I know that beta firmware has bugs, but I figured something as simple as charging the battery was part of the core OS, not some ad hoc functionality.
    10-18-09 03:21 AM
    I just upgraded my Verizon Tour 9630 to OS 5.0.0.273 tonight, and when I put it into my charging cradle it didn't place the phone into bedtime mode or recognize there was a charge present. Has anyone else had this issue? I know that beta firmware has bugs, but I figured something as simple as charging the battery was part of the core OS, not some ad hoc functionality.
    Does it still charge even though the battery icon doesn't change? Does it enter bedtime mode fine when you plug directly into the micro usb?

I'm still using 5.0.0.230 because of the mixed reviews of .273.
    10-18-09 04:47 AM
    Yes when I plug it directly into the micro USB slot it charges, and seemingly really fast. It went from dead completely to 40% in about 10 minutes. I had it plugged in directly all night sitting in the cradle so I could see the clock easier but contact with the battery leads seems to freeze the phone. I charged it normally then put it back in the dock this morning, it worked for a minute, even putting the phone into bedtime mode, but then it froze up. I think this might be a common issue with .273 so i'll stick with normal charging until this gets sorted out. I'll take one for the Crackberry Team here and tough it out with .273 to see what other quirks I can find.
    10-18-09 10:49 AM
    I'm sure that would be resolved in a final release
    10-18-09 10:51 AM
    What brand of charging cradle is it?
    10-18-09 11:07 AM
    The one they have in the Crack Berry store, it's branded with an Official Blackberry Logo.
    10-18-09 11:26 AM
    The reason I ask is that I had a Seidio charger for my Tour and it did that too. Worked for about a week then did just what yours did in Standby Mode. It ended up being a faulty charger and more than likely a bad plug as it hummed/buzzed slightly. Just checking.
    Last edited by diffused; 10-18-09 at 11:43 AM. Reason: misspell
    10-18-09 11:41 AM
    Charging doesn't work at all with .273 with my Tour...it freezes on the Clock and I have to do a battery pull. I've heard similar issues from other Tour users.
    10-18-09 11:54 AM
    Didn't think of that possibility, I'll keep it in mind. Luckily it charges no problem when plugged directly into the micro usb port.

The reason I ask is that I had a Seidio charger for my Tour and it did that too. Worked for about a week then did just what yours did in Standby Mode. It ended up being a faulty charger and more than likely a bad plug as it hummed/buzzed slightly. Just checking.
    10-18-09 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD