ok so im making my christ mas list and im getting a curve 8310 and i want a charging cradle to just simply sit my blackberry in to charge it and not have to actually hook it to the cord.... but i have had t he problem with all other phones ( and almost anything that needs to be charged ) of overcharging too much then having to replace the battary way to soon, so what i was wondering is there a charging cradle that lets you know when your BB is fully charged?

i was going to get the pretty chrome charging pod because that said it did, but reading reviews, it really does not
    11-15-08 07:46 PM
    Overcharging isn't really an issue. The battery has a smart chip
    that prevents that from happening. I use the pod to charge my
    battery every night while sleeping and have not had a problem at all.

As far as the silver pod goes they are sold at T-Mobile retail stores
    for $6.99. Pretty good deal.
    11-15-08 08:08 PM
    Just recieved mine and love the fact that it doesnt over charge, it actually stops charging at 100%. good luck finding it in a store had to get mine online.
    11-29-08 03:53 PM
    Just recieved mine and love the fact that it doesnt over charge, it actually stops charging at 100%. good luck finding it in a store had to get mine online.
    Where online did you find it?
    11-29-08 04:32 PM
    I got a ridiculously cheap one -- I can't remember where, but it was under $20. I love it. It has a flashing red/green light when it's charging, and goes to green when charged.

It looks like this one, but I didn't pay this much: Blackberry Curve 8300 8310 8320 8330 Desktop Charger and USB Sync Cradle at Absolute4.com
    Last edited by leftcoaster; 11-29-08 at 04:49 PM.
    11-29-08 04:45 PM
    I got a ridiculously cheap one -- I can't remember where, but it was under $10. I love it. It has a flashing red/green light when it's charging, and goes to green when charged.
    What changes colors the charging pod or the phone? If the pod changes colors it is not an OEM pod.
    11-29-08 04:48 PM
    yeah, originally i was refering to the OEM pod.... i found it cheep tho for like 16 dollars on amazon.... does that one stop from overcharging like they said earlier?
    11-29-08 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD