Quick question about the charging cradle.

I have read a couple different posts that state if you have it in the charging cradle that it goes into standby mode and only displays an alarm clock.

A few questions:

Does that mean I won't hear a tone or anything for new messages, calls, calendar events?

I have my schedule set in my calendar and have an alert 90 minutes before each event that I use as an alarm clock. I want to continue in this fashion but be able to use the charging cradle to display the digital clock.

Any feedback would be great!
    01-31-09 10:17 AM
    It shows the clock by default, but its not standby, you still get all your alerts and you can change the option of the clock showing up if you don't like it.
    01-31-09 10:20 AM
    The charging cradle puts the phone into bedside mode, not standby mode. Whatever profile you have set, the phone will continue to use that. My alarm(s) wake me up every morning with no problems when the phone is in the cradle.
    01-31-09 10:23 AM
    Sweet thanks for the advice. I really wanna change to the black bezel but it looks like a night mare to do. Last thing I wanna do is damage my new toy!
    01-31-09 10:34 AM
    Just a quick note for everyone: I'm pretty sure that when it's in the charging cradle (and Aristile, maybe you can confirm this with yours - I didn't receive mine yet to test this), it acts as the same way as if your phone was connected through the USB charger or Wall charger. As such, you can choose (in the Clock options) to have your device a) Do nothing (just charge), b) Display clock or c) Enter bedside mode.
    01-31-09 12:32 PM
    Yes it is the same as when you connect the charger or the USB. You can just go into the clock options to adjust all those options.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD