When I plug my 8330 into the charger, the Profiles option comes up, and the battery indicator has a lightning bolt on it, to signify charging.

I bought the BB 8330 charging cradle. I plug the charger into it, and the cradle lights up. When I put my 8330 into the cradle, nothing happens. Display doesn't change, and the battery indicator doesn't show the lighting bolt.

I have noticed that the display "wakes up" when I remove it from the cradle. That's a good sign.

Is this normal? Is the unit actually charging? How can I tell if its in charging mode?
    01-02-09 12:56 PM
    When I put my 8330 in the cradle, the little plug appears by the battery indicator. That let's me know that it's charging.
    When charging is complete, the plug dissapears
    Check that out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 01:12 PM
    i have 8330 and mine does same thing little plug by battery. it does wake up when i remove it 2. mine is an OEM cradle if that matters
    01-02-09 02:03 PM
    Does anyone know more about the charging cradle? I'm guessing the charging pins that contact the pads on the back of the blackberry are just connected to the ground and 5V from the USB cable. If anyone knows which is which or if there is something else going on, that would be great to know.
    01-02-09 10:08 PM
    Me again... cradle works fine. Apparently the BB was fully charged already, when I first tried it a few days ago. Shows charging indicator now.
    01-05-09 07:22 PM