Hi
    I have Sprint/Nextel 8350i, a friend of mine will give me his home travel charger (ACC-10600-001) and car charger(ASY-09824-001-81648) from his old Blackberry. They both are oem blackbery charger, but he's not sure if it will work with 8350i. Can I use these chargers or any oem blackberry chargers with my phone?
    Thank you
    07-29-09 08:52 AM
    the home/travel charger is a no, so i am guessing that the car charger is also a no....

BUT

if you look at the outputs, you do NOT want to EXCEED 5v@200mA. you can go higher than that, but you are wearing out the battery faster.
    07-29-09 08:56 AM
    Thank you, Casper,

I also have more questions, I have tried a few mini usb chargers that I have at home (none oem), when I first connect it to the phone, it shows the charging sign,but only for a few seconds(may be 10 seconds) and then the charging sign disappear. It happens with my Motorola V3 Razor too. It only works with oem motorola charger.

I just tried the oem Motorola car charger(SYN1630A) with the blackberry 8350i. It's charging fine and the charging sign stays on. my question is, can I use this oem motorola car charger with the blackberry 8350i ?
    07-29-09 10:56 AM
    as long as the output is no more then the 200mA
    07-29-09 11:09 AM
    Hi
    The original home charger that came with the phone says
    Input 100-240V~200 mA 50-60 Hz 11-17VA
    Output 5V-700mA.

But I can't find any info for the input/output on the Motorola car charger

anyways, Thanks for all your help, please feel free to give any suggestions

Thank you
    07-29-09 08:49 PM
    yes you are right, that what i get for not being fully awake!!!

you can use any charger that you want just as long as it does not exceed the 700 and the 5 v
    07-29-09 09:07 PM
    Thank you for all your helps and I will make sure to get the proper charger for the phone.

Thanks again
    07-29-09 10:18 PM
    Not trying to disrespect anyone here, but you guys have the amperage rating thing all wrong! You want your charger, be it a car or home charger to be the same or higher than the OEM charger, which is 700mA. If it is lower, it will not charge a fast as it should, or maybe not at all if it's too low. The amperage rating on the power supply is it's maximum output. The phone will not draw any more current than it requires for charging. Guaranteed there is enough circuitry in the phone to prevent overcharging. You can use any standard USB charger to charge or operate the phone, provided it meets or exceeds 700mA. In fact, I use a dual-USB charger in my car. It's capacity is 1100mA and it works just as good as the OEM home charger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 07:27 PM
    yes you can go to a highr rating, but you wear out the battery faster.... so what costs more to you, a faster charge in the short run and haveing to replace batteries sooner, or waiting the extra 30 minutes and getting the most out of your battery???
    07-30-09 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD