My 8120, less than 3 months old, will not charge using the wall charger or the USB cord. It was working yesterday, but when I tried to charge it today, nothing.

I have taken the battery out and it still will not charge. The battery is almost dead. Anyone else had a similar problem? Suggestions?
    04-18-09 11:38 PM
    It is most likely a bad connection with the USB port, Wiggle it alittle and if that works, then you should order a new one, or since you have a warranty trade it in.
    04-18-09 11:48 PM
    Ya probably the charger port is gone on the usb port on the phone is slowly breaking

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 02:21 PM
    Thanks much for the advice. BB tech support suggests that it is the battery. Wants to send me a new battery via UPS ground. Will not entertain the port being bad until the batter is checked out.
    04-19-09 04:08 PM
    Go to your local T-Mobile store and have them take a look at it. They may even pop in a new battery for testing purposes to try and track down the problem.
    04-19-09 05:21 PM
    battery has nothing to do with the charger? if it is the battery i will be shocked... cause if its plugged in a dead battery (that cant be charged) will still work, it will act as a bridge sorta for the power to the phone. It has to be the port or the charger. like i said if its the battery i will be shocked.
    04-19-09 07:28 PM
    I had a similar problem, all of a sudden that charge icon wouldn't show when I plugged in my pearl. I plugged it into my computer and connected to my desktop manager then disconnected. Its been working fine since.
    04-20-09 12:52 AM
    Seems odd to me that the battery would be the issue. I tried connecting to my computer with no luck. That's why I agree that it must be the USB port.

I will be going into the T-Mobile store to have them check it out today.

Thanks much for the advice.
    04-20-09 11:02 AM
    Not a problem hope you get it fixed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD