Ok thinking about switching from my 8330 to the 8530. Does anyone know if the chargers are the same or do i have to get a new car charger?
    02-22-10 05:20 PM
    Not the same. You can get adapters though. The 8330 has a mini usb, and the 8530 has a micro usb. One good thing is that all BB's (and most other phones) from now on will have the micro usb port.
    02-22-10 05:58 PM
    do you know if it is the same as the storm car charger?
    02-22-10 06:06 PM
    Yes. Storms, Bold 9700, 8530, Tour, all have micro usb ports. I'm sure I forgot one. Lots of LG and Motorola phones have it too. All you need is a "micro usb" charger.
    02-22-10 06:20 PM
    sweet got one ty very much. saved me money
    02-22-10 06:37 PM
    i think i am just going to get another cs2 battery or 2.theyre cheaper than charger and dont leave me tethered to a charger.obviously i will have to remember to keep them charged
    02-22-10 11:03 PM
    i think i am just going to get another cs2 battery or 2.theyre cheaper than charger and dont leave me tethered to a charger.obviously i will have to remember to keep them charged
    Where are you buying your batteries? Typical charger is like 8 bucks and can be even cheaper going the eBay or Amazon route? I purchased a charger kit that contained a home AC Charger and a car charger that can power my GPS or the Blackberry and only paid $12 at the local flea market.
    02-23-10 09:39 PM
    Where can I find the adapter?

We bought 2 car chargers at Verizon today $29.99 each with 25% off.
    02-23-10 10:43 PM

We bought 2 car chargers at Verizon today $29.99 each with 25% off.
    Take them back and try this link:

Amazon.com: BlackBerry Micro USB Vehicle Charger for BlackBerry 8900, Tour 9630, Storm, Pearl Flip, BlackBerry Bold 2 (Black): Cell Phones & Service
    02-23-10 10:49 PM
    Wow, that's a lot less than we paid.

Thanks
    02-23-10 10:56 PM
    Wow, that's a lot less than we paid.

Thanks
    No problem, glad I could help. Take yours back, buy two of these and use the extra to buy a new theme or app, or whatever. Heck with that kind of savings, take the wife out to lunch somewhere
    02-23-10 11:08 PM
    Where are you buying your batteries? Typical charger is like 8 bucks and can be even cheaper going the eBay or Amazon route? I purchased a charger kit that contained a home AC Charger and a car charger that can power my GPS or the Blackberry and only paid $12 at the local flea market.

Amazon.com: cs2 battery

same place you get your chargers.i would just rather pop in a new one and go.
    02-24-10 12:26 AM
    I was looking for the Motorola mini-to-micro usb adapter and inquired at cnn.cn. Here is his response:
    "Were out of the Motorola one, but we do have this one miniUSB to microUSB adapter plug - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G, Sony,, it does the same thing."

Check it out, right now they have a 20% off and $5 credit on shipping if you use PayPal, so free shipping!
    02-24-10 12:45 AM
    I was looking for the Motorola mini-to-micro usb adapter and inquired at cnn.cn. Here is his response:
    "Were out of the Motorola one, but we do have this one miniUSB to microUSB adapter plug - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G, Sony,, it does the same thing."

Check it out, right now they have a 20% off and $5 credit on shipping if you use PayPal, so free shipping!
    Has anyone ordered from them?
    02-24-10 01:12 PM

Does anyone have this adapter?

Looks like this would be a good thing for us, we have 2 car chargers with the mini usb.

$2.99 sure sounds better than $29.99 for a new charger with a micro usb.
    02-25-10 12:00 AM
    I just ordered 2 from them. It take about 2 weeks for stuff to come from China.

To answer your other question - yes, I have ordered stuff from them before and can say that the BB parts I've received are OEM, unlike other places I have purchased parts from. They are certainly not the cheapest but their quality is hard to beat.
    02-25-10 12:07 AM
    Does anyone have this adapter?

Looks like this would be a good thing for us, we have 2 car chargers with the mini usb.

$2.99 sure sounds better than $29.99 for a new charger with a micro usb.
    Yep, got one at my office. We have a lot of Curve 1's still in use and a few Curve 2's and 9700's so I can use one cable for all of them and just slip the adapter on when needed. I got mine for 1.99 ea. a while back and with USPS rate of only 1.88 worked out to under $4.00 for the adapter and s/h. If you live in a big city, you may even be able to find locally though I have no idea how much they would be.
    02-25-10 12:10 AM
    Sounds good, thanks
    02-25-10 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD