Newbie question...

So I have a few other mini-USB chargers laying around. One is for a Bluetooth, the other is just a generic charger. One of the generics says 5V Output, 500 mA. I know the blackberry charger that came with my phone says 5V/700mA.

Will the generic one not charge the blackberry properly?

I have a car adapter for a mini-USB (came with my Garmin) -- don't know the output specs (not listed on it), but will it work with my Curve?

Thanks!
    02-08-09 01:27 PM
    The 5v 500ma charger will work, I wouldn't use the other charger if the output specs aren't known.
    02-08-09 01:30 PM
    It will most likely charge your bb.. But there is a possibility of damaging the battery, seeing as the battery is 3.7W 1150MAH
    02-08-09 01:31 PM
    Newbie question...

So I have a few other mini-USB chargers laying around. One is for a Bluetooth, the other is just a generic charger. One of the generics says 5V Output, 500 mA. I know the blackberry charger that came with my phone says 5V/700mA.

Will the generic one not charge the blackberry properly?

I have a car adapter for a mini-USB (came with my Garmin) -- don't know the output specs (not listed on it), but will it work with my Curve?

Thanks!
    you are fine on all mini-usb chargers. there is a sensor that will not accept the charge if it is unstable. you can test this idea by plugging ur bb into a usb 1.0 port and then plug it into a usb 2.0 port on a computer. the 1.0 port will cause the screen to light up saying that it has an insufficient power supply.

hope this helps!!!
    02-08-09 01:36 PM
    i know that a moto z6m will not charge with my 8330 power cord so their must be some difference in usb chargers.
    02-08-09 04:22 PM
    ok thanks for your help and responses guys. I've noticed that charging it overnight with the OEM charger actually works better -- my charge lasts longer. I charged it one night using the 500mA unit and charge barely lasted a day. I charged it last night using the 700mA charger, and its almost 12 hours and I'm still at 75%.
    02-08-09 05:20 PM
    i use a charger for a moto Razor V3
    02-08-09 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD